autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Member Information

nice

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tkarns24 View Post
    Hey I'm T and I'm not really new to the detailing process , just new to the way to do it like a pro. I have metallic black SUV that i am doing some paint restore to and when that is done I would like to maintain a showroom look . I look forward to all the info i will pick up here soon and thanks already.
    Enjoy your stay at AGO.

Quote Originally Posted by tkarns24 View Post
    Should i try for a showroom shine with a daily driver.
    Absolutely! A show-car shine doesn't have to be reserved for show cars.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pristeam Detail

Hello everyone. I am the owner of Pristeam Detail, California's #1 expert in Steam Detailing Systems. Auto Detailing | San Diego | mobile car detailing | PristeamDetail.com Glad to join the online autogeek community.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pristeam Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Pristeam Detail View Post
    Hello everyone. I am the owner of Pristeam Detail, California's #1 expert in Steam Detailing Systems. Auto Detailing | San Diego | mobile car detailing | PristeamDetail.com Glad to join the online autogeek community.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. My name is Ray Raffa and my company is Brite Lites. I both restore headlights and also manufacture and sell headlight restoration products in the San Francisco Bay area. Have been doing it for about 4 years. Sell to a group of about 20 servies providers, most of which do headlight restoration as an add on. Many do windshield repair, detailing, car washes, autobody shops, etc. Have seen it all. I'm willing to share tips and techniques as long as you're not in the San Francisco bay area and competing with us.

I can't say anything about our products since none of them are sold by AG, but I can help with techniques.

ray6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ray6 View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Ray Raffa and my company is Brite Lites. I both restore headlights and also manufacture and sell headlight restoration products in the San Francisco Bay area. Have been doing it for about 4 years. Sell to a group of about 20 servies providers, most of which do headlight restoration as an add on. Many do windshield repair, detailing, car washes, autobody shops, etc. Have seen it all. I'm willing to share tips and techniques as long as you're not in the San Francisco bay area and competing with us.

I can't say anything about our products since none of them are sold by AG, but I can help with techniques.

ray6

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hey folks, my name is alex and i'm a total newb/amateur when it comes to auto maintenance. i'm here to learn from the pros like mike on how to do everything the proper way. i take a lot of pride in my work, so i know i'll make all of you pros proud!

my girlfriend's car was totalled this past winter, so in a pinch she purchased my friend's 2001 four-door black jetta (165K miles, original clutch!). the car runs great, cost next to nothing, but visually... there's room for improvement.

it's got a couple of dings and dents, some rust (not sure if there's much info here at AGO for this type of restorative work), a sagging headliner and tons of little white dog-hairs. the headlights are completely fogged/hazy, and paint is begging for significant treatment (swirls, scratches, RIDS (i imagine), rough to the touch... yechhhh).

what i'm trying to do is use the 'articles by mike phillips' and read the helpful comments by all of the folks here to figure out the products i need to invest in, and develop a plan to fix-up her ride.

cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mageA1 View Post
    hey folks, my name is alex and i'm a total newb/amateur when it comes to auto maintenance. i'm here to learn from the pros like mike on how to do everything the proper way. i take a lot of pride in my work, so i know i'll make all of you pros proud!

my girlfriend's car was totalled this past winter, so in a pinch she purchased my friend's 2001 four-door black jetta (165K miles, original clutch!). the car runs great, cost next to nothing, but visually... there's room for improvement.

it's got a couple of dings and dents, some rust (not sure if there's much info here at AGO for this type of restorative work), a sagging headliner and tons of little white dog-hairs. the headlights are completely fogged/hazy, and paint is begging for significant treatment (swirls, scratches, RIDS (i imagine), rough to the touch... yechhhh).

what i'm trying to do is use the 'articles by mike phillips' and read the helpful comments by all of the folks here to figure out the products i need to invest in, and develop a plan to fix-up her ride.

cheers!
    Welcome to AGO! Be sure to check out Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing Paperback Book.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Welcome to AGO! Be sure to check out Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing Paperback Book.
    thanks nick, will do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pristeam, seems like you have some great prices, how's business?

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast