autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to the forums and extreme car care! Hello!

Hey Guys,
    My name's Michael if you couldn't tell by my nickname. I am new to this forum and website. Been a lurker for the past couple weeks and just recently pulled the trigger and joined!

Some info about myself:
    I am 19 and finishing up my freshman year of college at UCCS in Colorado Springs. Trying to follow in my dad's engineering footsteps, I'm pursuing Mechanical Engineering with possibly a minor in Aerospace. I'm currently switching off between living at my friends house and my family's, saving money to pay off student loans as I go and hopefully make some surplus for another mustang (preferably an 03-04 mach 1) or a sport bike!

History on my cars and detailing:
    I got my first car and my license when I turned 17. Saved up just enough to buy a green 1996 Mustang GT. I loved that car and was always trying to keep it clean and looking good. Unfortunately, last summer, I was going home from a friends house when a teenage girl illegally pulled out in front of me and that was the end of my Mustang.
    With college coming up, I had other expenses to pay for so I ended up getting a 1995 Taurus SHO, just like my dad's.
    I believe in no matter the car, with some time, supplies, and some dedication, you can make it something you are truly proud of and that looks good.

At the end of last summer, my friend Alex C and I ventured down to the local O'Reilly's and bought ourselves some Mother's clay kits, Meguiars polish, Meguiars paste wax and some washing supplies and went at it. We thought we were basically professionals in detailing. Then we discovered AutoGeek, and we were humbled and put back in our place. The information and people on these forums are absolutely incredible! I cannot wait to learn more!

Anyways, I hope to get acquainted here and learn lots! Possibly even become slightly as skilled as the rest of ya!

Here are a couple quick pictures of my mustang that is no longer with us and my current 95 SHO.

Mine is the one in the background! Only picture I could find, and my sister's is in the foreground. Crazy, I know.

Thanks! I appreciate all advice and comments

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to the forums and extreme car care! Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

To Autogeek Online Michael....

There is a wealth of information here from beginner to advanced and everything in between.

Here a few articles that will keep you busy for an hour or two..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Aboard!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!
    Bobby: Yeah I love learning new stuff! I am a teenager who knows that I DON'T nearly know everything. But I'd like to try

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael IV View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Bobby: Yeah I love learning new stuff! I am a teenager who knows that I DON'T nearly know everything. But I'd like to try
    Michael,

You're in the very same place everyone on this forum was once upon a time. Having a willingness to ask questions in order to learn is the foundation of your future..

Education then doing builds your knowledge base thus improving your personal skills and the quality of your work!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Michael,

You're in the very same place everyone on this forum was once upon a time. Having a willingness to ask questions in order to learn is the foundation of your future..

Education then doing builds your knowledge base thus improving your personal skills and the quality of your work!
    Yeah! I totally agree. I'm known in the family for "googling" everything! I hate not knowing or being uncertain about something when someone has a question. most of the time, other people know it and thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael IV View Post

so I ended up getting a 1995 Taurus SHO, just like my dad's.

Hey, nice to see another SHO owner on AG! Believe me the car has Tons of ability to look amazing! Get yourself a Griots 6" DA, some 5.5" pads, m105/m205/wax, and go to town on it!

Mine's also a 1995 and has a manual trans. Is yours auto or mtx?

Here's couple shots of mine. It's been having the AG treatment for many years now. It's a garage queen so it never gets dirty anymore. Just over 58k miles on her!

It has either Collinite 845 or Poorboys Nattys Blue on it in the pictures below. Currently it has Pinnacle Liquid Souveran.

Visit Here: SHOForum - Powered by vBulletin
    if you haven't already and join the forum. I've been a member on shoforum since 2001.

Mike Phillips

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Hey, nice to see another SHO owner on AG! Believe me the car has Tons of ability to look amazing! Get yourself a Griots 6" DA, some 5.5" pads, m105/m205/wax, and go to town on it!

Mine's also a 1995 and has a manual trans. Is yours auto or mtx?

Here's couple shots of mine. It's been having the AG treatment for many years now. It's a garage queen so it never gets dirty anymore. Just over 58k miles on her!

It has either Collinite 845 or Poorboys Nattys Blue on it in the pictures below. Currently it has Pinnacle Liquid Souveran.

Visit Here: SHOForum - Powered by vBulletin
    if you haven't already and join the forum. I've been a member on shoforum since 2001.
    Thanks! Yeah, I have always loved my dad's SHO's, so my sister and I both got them too. My dad has a red '95 SHO MTX with 220k miles! Mine and my sisters are 95 autos with around 155k miles. I wish mine was a manual like my mustang was!

I can't wait to detail my car the AG way! My best friend Alex C bought lots of supplies off here a couple days ago, including every single thing you mentioned. I cannot wait!

Here are some pics of mine I just took a couple hours ago!
    Clean but it's got way more potential, like yours!

Last edited by Michael IV; 04-16-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast