autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DiRtY jersey

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DiRtY jersey

Hi I am new to trying to make my cars look thier best. I really like to wash and clay,wax ect the cars. I set up a work bench bucket of ice sometimes a few beers or snapples. Get good music going and as it almost relaxes me.... until i find a scratch or something else that wasn't there last time I washed it As I found that I liked doing this it is becoming sort of a hobby I guess.
    I currently use Adams car shampoo,Gilmour foam gun, p21s,mothers clay and quick detail with lots of waffle micro fiber towels. I need to get a good buffer and pads. I have a 2006 evolution9 silver and a 2010 A4 black. Btw the black car hates me, I can't keep it clean longer than 2days. Glad to find a forum to learn from and contribute

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DiRtY jersey

Can you guys give me advise for the best method to clean a black car including polishes and waxes. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

menzerna polishes.and any of the pinnacle waxes .. they have kits that include everything you need. depends on if you have a polisher or not.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Mike Phillips

First,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome

Quote Originally Posted by evolution9 View Post
    Can you guys give me advise for the best method to clean a black car including polishes and waxes. Thanks
    Second...

I only mean this in the kindest way... if you want GREAT answers, first post a dedicated thread in the appropriate forum group, not the "Introduction" group.

Then as a specific question, not a general request for a book... and give a few details, like this...

Subject: Help maintaining a black car

I have a black car and it's parked outside 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, what's a good wax or paint sealant to maintain the beauty of the paint and protect it too...

I do all my work by hand...

Thanks!

By starting a dedicated thread, supplying a little bit of information about what you're working on, how you're doing your work and the conditions you're working in and using your vehicle you'll make it a lot easier for others to answer your questions and thus get much better answers.

It's a way of helping yourself to help yourself...

Clicking the below link will take you to the list of different categories or groups of forums identified by their title.

Autogeek Online Forum Topical Groups

Or you can simply post your questions is the Detailing 101 forum which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

If everyone who joins posts their questions to the "Introduce Yourself" forum group then we could get rid of all the other groups and just have one group called,

Introductions and Everything Else.

As to your questions...

Are you working by hand or machine?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just picked up a Porter Cable 7424XP. Thanks for the tips, do know of anywhere in NJ to catch a detailing class?I am afraid that inexperiance will lead to me buring the paint with a polisher. So a class to get some insight and experiance would be great.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike you got it and makes perfect sense. Will do

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by evolution9 View Post
    just picked up a Porter Cable 7424XP. Thanks for the tips, do know of anywhere in NJ to catch a detailing class?I am afraid that inexperiance will lead to me buring the paint with a polisher. So a class to get some insight and experiance would be great.

It's almost impossible to bun through paint with a DA Polisher, it can be done but you either have to try really hard or be working on whisper thin paint to start with, so thin that you would burn through by hand anyways...

Check out these,

How To Remove Swirls, Scratches and Water Spots using a PC 7424XP, Meguiar's G110v2 or Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher

Using a DA Polisher - Part 1

Using a DA Polisher - Part 2

Using a DA Polisher - Part 3

Most Important...

Here's how to do a "Section Pass" when trying to remove swirls, scratches and other below surface paint defects.

How to do a Section Pass
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70g83mnTn4]YouTube - How to do a "Section Pass" with a Porter Cable 7424XP[/video]

The Definitive How-To Article for Removing Swirls, Scratches and Water Spots Using a Porter Cable 7424XP, G110v2 or Griot's Garage Polisher