autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Just a hobbyist

I just found this forum the other day after placing my first order. I'm a hobbyist who loves the look of clean cars. My wife thinks I’m crazy for always washing her daily driver. I try to keep all the vehicles looking great.

I ordered a PC 7424 with a couple pads the other day. I've used different kinds of waxes polishes over the years but lately I've been using the McGuire’s stuff I can by locally.

I'm fascinated about these high end products sold on here but I really have no idea what I should use for our daily drivers. My wife's car is black and my truck is a darker red. I'll just have to do a lot of reading. I've already learned a lot in these forums and can't wait for my PC. I worked my wife's car last week and I normally do everything by hand. I'm really excited to actually get a new power tool. Once I use up this McGuire’s stuff I'm going to look for the good stuff on here but I'll need to figure that out over time.

See ya around,
    Ed
    Eastern NC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a hobbyist

Welcome Ed. There are hundreds of us just like you here. We're not all pros doing this for a living. It's mostly just a hobby for me too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis View Post
    Welcome Ed. There are hundreds of us just like you here. We're not all pros doing this for a living. It's mostly just a hobby for me too.
    What this guy said! Welcome to the forum! There's so much to learn and this place is full of great information and people! You are going to have so many opinions thrown at you but don't let that scare you. The best thing to do is ask questions, do a lot of searching and reading, and keep an open mind. Meguiar's make great products, in fact I have been using their stuff for the last 15 years before I started using other products. I am so glad that I finally opened my mind and stepped outside the box! Good luck in all your detailing ventures!

Richard

Mike Phillips

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Quote Originally Posted by FastZR1 View Post

My wife's car is black and my truck is a darker red. I'll just have to do a lot of reading. I've already learned a lot in these forums and can't wait for my PC.

You're going to love the results you can get working by machine versus working by hand, plus it's faster too...

See this thread...

Man versus Machine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Good grief Mike... that is one heck of a write-up. I enjoy them all and the videos are priceless too.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Ed! My story is much the same as yours. Rest assured, this place is a wealth of knowledge and in short order you will see your skills and product collection grow exponentially. Enjoy that new PC!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome .... the best part of this forum is alot of weekend warriors, hobbist, and novices learning from each other. Also some famous professionals that keep it light and easy, your gonna learn alot and spend some $$ but your rides will sparkle !!

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

new to the forum from Ct

great video, will help a lot once I get started

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FastZR1 View Post

I've already learned a lot in these forums and can't wait for my PC. I worked my wife's car last week and I normally do everything by hand. I'm really excited to actually get a new power tool. Once I use up this McGuire’s stuff I'm going to look for the good stuff on here but I'll need to figure that out over time.

See ya around,
    Ed
    Eastern NC
    Hi Ed,

Be sure to check out our new Video Library as there will be 4 brand new videos going up (hopefully) today!

Autogeek's Show Car Garage Video Library

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast