autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Alaska

My name is Truitt and I live in Anchorage, AK. I'm new to this forum and new to paint correction.

I acquired a black 2006 Mercedes SL 500 a few months ago. The paint is badly swirled and scuffed in places.

For Christmas my wife got me the Flex XC3401 Ceramic Show Car Kit. I'm anxious to get started with this new hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Alaska

Welcome to the Forum... Remember to take some...! To see your job

Post Thanks / Like

I love Alasaka! My wife and I go to Ketchican every other year to fish for silvers and just get away...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to have you join the AG forum, Truitt. Given the weather in Alaska, I assume you'll be doing your work on the new SL500 (and a very nice car it is indeed) inside a warm garage, correct?? Otherwise, it would seem to be a long, dark wait to use your wife's present.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of support from the forum members, the detailing product use & processes described on the site, plus your ability to search on just about any topic you need information about.

Check the specific forum sections for sticky threads that maintain commonly asked questions and also, look for procedures & product use recommendations described by AG's in-house detailing expert, Mike Phillips.

I'm sure the 'benz will turn out very well. Plus, it's a fantastic automobile to have........wow! Tons of giddyap, beautiful styling and a well handling car.

Happy holidays, best of luck with the new kit & again, welcome.

BTW - I'm always very interested in your area of the country with its unique & wonderful topography, wildlife and just some of the amazing differences between our largest state and the lower 48. If so inclined, tell us all what it's like this time of year in Anchorage and the surrounding area. It would be much appreciated. Thx. in advance.

See ya. .

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
    My name is Truitt and I live in Anchorage, AK. I'm new to this forum and new to paint correction.

I acquired a black 2006 Mercedes SL 500 a few months ago. The paint is badly swirled and scuffed in places.

For Christmas my wife got me the Flex XC3401 Ceramic Show Car Kit. I'm anxious to get started with this new hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips on using the forum. Already getting lots of great info from the sticky threads and the how-to posts by Mike Phillips

Yes, I'll be working in my garage. I hope to have the car ready for the road by spring.

A little about Anchorage: I love it here, but it's a tough place for nice cars. It's commonly said that we have two seasons...winter and construction. Right now we have great snow conditions for all the wonderful winter activities. But we only had 5 1/2 hours of daylight today.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought our motto in Rochester was if the season wasn't winter.....it was construction!!! We're brothers in that respect......all the freeze/thaw cycles cause havoc!

But, think of it this way.....the days are actually getting longer now. Have to look on the bright side of the season even at just 5+ hrs. of sunlight. Bummer.....we have a bit more than that.

Well, hope the work on the M-B goes well, so when the roads are clear you can roll it out with pride.

Thanks for the extra info on your area....send us some pics of the northern lights sometime (assuming you can get a good image above the city illumination!).

See ya.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
    Thanks for the tips on using the forum. Already getting lots of great info from the sticky threads and the how-to posts by Mike Phillips

Yes, I'll be working in my garage. I hope to have the car ready for the road by spring.

A little about Anchorage: I love it here, but it's a tough place for nice cars. It's commonly said that we have two seasons...winter and construction. Right now we have great snow conditions for all the wonderful winter activities. But we only had 5 1/2 hours of daylight today.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From Ohio

Great Site !

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Welcome from Central PA, very nice car. You're gonna love it after it's all polished up!