autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Morgan Hill, California

Hello!

I've been reading AG forums and tutorials for a few months now. While I'm always amazed at what great rehab jobs you guys do I never thought my cars were all that bad. I do all my own maintenance from brakes, tune ups, oil changes, etc. I've always been careful when washing and waxing and happy with the Meguiars 3 part system, along with clay bar.

I'm also scared of machine polishers since a friend of mine is a huge Griots fan. His pearl black Lexus looks like it he used a sand blaster. It's really some of the worst swirls I've ever seen.

Recently my wife parked too close to the lawn sprinkles and for about two weeks each morning her Infiniti FX was watered. It was my bad letting it get layers and layers of pollen, bugs, and water spots. When I finally got around to washing the car I was horrified at how much damage there was. I got the smart idea to use the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and buff by hand. What a dumb idea that was. About 1/4 into the job my arm was ready to fall off, and I had another two coats of wax to still do. By the end of the job I was cursing the water sprinklers and myself for letting the paint get this bad.

I (and my sore shoulder) decided it was time to for a machine. I really considered a pneumatic machine since I have a huge compressor, but the "action" seemed a little aggressive. Plus to slow the machine down you have to cut the air supply, but in doing so eliminate lots of the torque of the machine. After deciding on a PC I watched some youtube videos and along with the forums decided to step up to a Flex.

About $700 later I have a Flex, crap load of pads, microfiber bonnets, and a life time supply of Meguiars Detailer line on the way. I ordered the hyper dressing, last touch detailer, "paint cream", and a couple of cleaners. I'm still undecided on what wax to use.

I've had great color and shine from the NXT liquid wax, but wish it would last longer. I love the fact it's makes very little dusting. Why isn't there a dedicated Meguiars forum? Is it too cheap or too common compared to the top shelf lines? I like the pictures of the DP results, but the complexity of all those different and dedicated products seems a bit much for me.

I'll be writing a few reviews over the next few weeks on the machine, pads, and chemicals. Please keep up the great reviews and positive feedback!!

Nice to meet you!

-Vincent

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings from Morgan Hill, California

Hi It sounds like your doing pretty well with the Mcguires . ill have to check out their site and see the system

i just ordered some Pinnacle 11 carnuba wax
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the AG Forums.

Post Thanks / Like

2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)