autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello Everyone

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone

Sorry I知 a few days posting a hello from joining. I知 from Orange County, NY and have been lurking in the background for some time learing so much. I started detailing when I was 12 in a family members Collision/detailing shop. Been mostly doing it as a hobby for myself and family since. I recently decided to give Auto Detailing a shot with owning my own business. I am retired as a police officer so I have some time with a part time job where I only work 2 days a week maybe 3 on occasion. I am going to start as Mobile first. I have read Renny Doyle痴 book front to back 3 times and still want to give the business a shot. I spent July detailing a few cars for friends relatives and even someone I had no communication with before for honest feedback. All was positive and the one I didn稚 know before has already wanted to schedule another detail before winter for his vehicle. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum there is a ton a information to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello Everyone

Hey Mike, welcome!

Your story is very similar to mine. Been detailing on the side for 20+ years and retired from my real job in 2013.

Since i retired i got much more active on the business side of detailing. I work out of my garage and am not mobile and have plenty of work. I will say that most that inquire for my services are looking for a mobile setup.

Good luck brother and keep us posted!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.