autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hi!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

Hello

I'm Emilio and I am turning my detailing hobby into sort of a small business. I started out with a few cars in my neighborhood, just basic car wash, wax, vacuum and cleaning interior pieces. The few clients I had were very happy with the level of detail I put into their cars. I still have to learn how to buff, clay bar, shampoo, and do some of the more intricate stuff.. So this has made me look into actually market and start a side hustle.

A couple questions I have are, where does everyone get their supplies? I know buying in bulk will yield better returns but don't want to sacrifice quality either. There's a couple detailing stores near me but they seem to market for the everyday hobbyist as they are pretty expensive products and don't have a large amount. So I don't want to keep going back to the store to get supplies.

Also micro fiber Towels, where does everyone get those at for a decent price?

I appreciate all the advice and tips you can give to a newbie!

Mike Phillips

Re: Hi!

Hi Emilio,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

One thing I would suggest...

The title of this thread reads,

Hi!

The way people on forums work, is if they are the type of person that hangs out on a forum to ANSWER other people's questions, they scan the form for threads that have titles that read something like this,

Help detailing BMW Z4? New guy

Now the above will get the attention of nice people that like to help others.

The current title attracts other nice people, the kind of people that like to "welcome" new members, not necessarily answer questions with information.

So use the Intro forum to introduce yourself but start a NEW - dedicated thread with a GREAT TITLE telling people what you want help with and MORE PEOPLE will >click< on it and thus read it and thus answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! Welcome to AGO
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.