autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings folks!!

Big hello everyone!
    Long long time lurker on the sidelines, finally joined up, should have sooner
    I'm a car fanatic like you all too, a lifelong hand washer/waxer. HUGE Meguiars fan. I would buy any product even if I didn't have an application, I still have unopened products from years ago, LOL. They released a product, I bought it. Kind of a bummer they would release some products in USA only and not Canada (I'm a Canuck), but I would always buy some when I was over the boarder. The last year+, with them releasing MANY new great products, and some US only again, and the boarder the way it's been... harder to get those gems. Shipping/duties almost equal the product prices sometimes. Hoping times get back more to normal soon.
    Like many in this hobby, I collected many tools and products over the years, but it was always old school ways, by hand and such. Deciding to add new things and products to the cabinet. Well I've been researching and reading and ... on and on. My brain is wired up all screwy, I research and go crazy into the rabbit hole on whatever thing I'm interested in. Like real spiral, back forth and all over. Till I finally buy whatever it is exhausting my brain, LOL.
    I decided to jump on the pressure washer side, so after months and months and endless mental miles of brands and models I finally got myself a Kranzle 1122TST.
    Added a Big Boi Mini+ and Ego 650 to the supplies I never ever used as well.
    Now I've been on a crazy journey with polishers to make the jump from hand. Finally decided on a brand and just waiting to purchase.

I'm the kind of guy that sees a person wax an old K-car and tips the hat, huge respect to anyone that gives love to their ride. Years ago there were choices, today it is absolutely OVERWHELMING the amount of products and choices. Life is great to have so many choices, but torture for brains like mine in the same breath
    I have read soooo so many threads on here over the years and have the utmost respect for every member on here and all their miles of experience and knowledge, and love of this game. So decided I better join to at least actually say "Hello"SALUTE to everyone!!

I do have some questions that could ease some of my brain pain in spinning, but not sure if it should be asked here or in a new thread related to the topic(s)..??

Again, thank you so much for the creators of this enthusiast forum, and all the info shared by the folks that keep it rolling!

2. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings folks!!

Welcome into the clubhouse Silly Rabbit. And ask away.

It may be best to start a thread in the most appropriate category for specific questions but we're more than willing to try to help you out.

4. Likes oneheadlite, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Paul!!
    Being a Meguiars guy I have product around, lol, so have a plan for what I want for them. I attack my parents cars (Chevy Malibu and Chrysler 200, both red velvet pearl colors) as well as mine (Ram 1500 granite crystal metallic).
    After I get through a paint correction I have always been throwing coats of Ultimate liquid wax on, then after every wash trying to hit with Ultimate spray wax or even Fast Finish the odd time, trying to get about 5 actual ULW coats down a year. This summer, a day after the first coat of ULW or at least the first wash after that, I wanna throw on a coat of Liquid Hybrid Ceramic Wax - small yellow/blue bottle - on the parents and maintain with ceramic spray wax and detailer - blue and green bottles - till empty then switch to M799 Bead Booster.
    I'll stay the coarse with my Ram, coat and maintain with spray wax and the odd time FF and switch to the above ceramics if I like how their cars turn out.
    Now my question(s) go for my garage queen, I have an '87 Trans Am, bright red - huge Pontiac and Firebird guy. Had the car for half my life, it's had alot of product on it over the years. I think now it has compound, swirl remover, #7 Deep Gloss, and multiple, multiple coats of ULW on it now. Trending with my new movements of change I have decided after a full paint freshening to 'maybe' change....
    I have had friends joke it looks like the paint is battery powered, it pops! My goal is to have it glow, gloss, kinda like it just had a bucket of red water poured on it. That crisp, bright reflection.
    So with my endless research reading all over the net, going all over the place in choices... it's madness for me, so many turns. LOL I have kinda come down to some options, but it changes non stop. To get my goal of liquid pop,
    - Stay Ultimate Liquid wax - (possibly top with Megs Yellow wax - never done that before, thought of it after reading on here)
    - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealer - (possibly top with Fusion)
    - Pinnacle - Souveran, Black Label, Synergy options
    - BlackFire Montan sealer - (possibly top with Midnight wax)

Stay with just the sealers, or top as well?? I go around and around, I'm tired now. LOL

If this question would be better suited in a thread of it's own than the intro thread, let me know.

Thanks again!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO.

It would be better to start a thread in Auto Detailing 101 section. More eyes will see it.

And, after every few sentences hit the Return bar. It breaks up the text and makes it easier to read. The only reason I mention this is that most people will see a huge chunk of text and simply click away. And then you lose that person's opinion.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes dwaleke, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, thank you PaulMys.
    Typing this on a smartphone, I'll start a new thread for more coverage like you suggested, more eyes and advise for sure.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. I used the WGDS followed by Fusion for almost 3 years on my BMW M4 (grey metallic) and it made it pop. I applied the sealant once a year n the fusion whenever I noticed changes in beading Or cleaning properties. Recently sold the M4, I do miss that wet shiny ride (sold it to buy my daughter n grandkids a pontoon boat that we keep at the summer house, figured time on the boat with grandkids outweighed the M4 ride, n besides the CS is a blast to drive when I need my fix).
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

13. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Markymapo!
    Having a toy is so nice, therapy in so many ways, pride of ownership. But having quality time with loved ones is priceless and can't be replaced.