autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the fourm.

Good morning everyone. I am new but not new here. Lurked for a long time. Per the suggestion of a friend on colorado forum I made an account as I have a few questions. He said here is obviously the best place for answers.

That being said, a little about me. I am a perfectionist. I learned detailing originally on gel coat from my father who was taught by his boss at the boat yard he worked at and eventually owned. His boss was big into auto restoration on cars like corvettes and boats as well so he taught him good techniques. I learned originally with an old single speed black and decker buffer wheel that weights close to 20 lbs and will throw me off the top of any boat no questions asked if it catches anything. Needless to say I got good quick. From there I started branching out finding new products to try on vehicles and for the most part have been fairly satisfied with the results and longevity.

I graduated last May with a degree in chemical engineering and the last year has been chaotic. My primary vehicles are a 2019 colorado and a 1984 corvette. The vette is Black and the colorado pacific blue metallic. With that I look forward to learning here and hope to break any bad habits I may have. As for my screen name... its from my first car, a 2004 trailblazer. I use it everywhere.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Best,

-Paul

2. Likes dgage, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to the fourm.

Welcome, fellow ChemE!

4. Likes Littleblazer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Littleblazer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Likes Littleblazer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. If you're looking to learn, this is the right place. There are lots of helpful folks, not the least of which is the guru himself, Mike Phillips.

10. Likes Littleblazer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! We have a little in common - Check out these pics of my current truck, my first polisher, and my old Corvette...

New to the fourm.-20201216_132907resized-jpg New to the fourm.-20201209_014919resized-jpg New to the fourm.-cadillac-vette-4resized-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!!!
    Tom
    2018 Lincoln - MKC
    Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Littleblazer View Post

Good morning everyone. I am new but not new here. Lurked for a long time. Per the suggestion of a friend on colorado forum I made an account as I have a few questions.

He said here is obviously the best place for answers.
    Nice to hear the recommendation and welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Quote Originally Posted by Littleblazer View Post

That being said, a little about me. I am a perfectionist. I learned detailing originally on gel coat from my father who was taught by his boss at the boat yard he worked at and eventually owned. His boss was big into auto restoration on cars like corvettes and boats as well so he taught him good techniques.

I learned originally with an old single speed black and decker buffer wheel that weights close to 20 lbs and will throw me off the top of any boat no questions asked if it catches anything. Needless to say I got good quick. From there I started branching out finding new products to try on vehicles and for the most part have been fairly satisfied with the results and longevity.

I graduated last May with a degree in chemical engineering and the last year has been chaotic.

My primary vehicles are a 2019 colorado and a 1984 corvette. The vette is Black and the colorado pacific blue metallic. With that I look forward to learning here and hope to break any bad habits I may have. As for my screen name... its from my first car, a 2004 trailblazer. I use it everywhere.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Best,

-Paul

Great intro!