autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hobbyist in NC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobbyist in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

If doing all the work to polish i personally would look into a coating. I did for my first polish and haven’t regretted it.

What kind of coating are you referring to? I've only ever worked with wax so I'm not well versed with all the different sealants and coatings floating around these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWithASubie View Post
    I appreciate all the information! Maybe I am misunderstanding but you previously mentioned you preferred a 2 step method over an AIO but it seems like what you're recommending to me is an AIO with a sealant or coating over top? Is that considered a 2 step? Sorry if i'm confused. I just want to make sure once I order some products i'll have what I need to get going and do the job right, I always hate having to order something else and then impatiently wait for it to continue the work, lol.
    Yes, I havent used any AIO yet, but they never appeal to me because you always have to top them anyway for longevity but the good thing about them is that you dont have to top them the same day you polish but the next day or next scheduled wash so you save some time there in the process.
    I kinda prefer more use a 1 step polish and use a stand alone LSP, probably I will try an AIO in the near future anyway to get the feel on them.

Living in NC you need something that can withstand the 2 types of weather here, decent heat and decent cold so I would go with at least a 6 month sealant to a coating lite.

If you want to pursue the AIO way then that is why I mentioned Carpro Essence, Gyeon Primer, Xtreme Solutions 369 Trifecta or Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions and top them with SiO2 Sealants like the ones that I mentioned or something like Cancoat or Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating to get to that 1 year performance or more.
    Use a QD like EcH2O or Elixir to maintain

LSP by themself then you have the same ones without the AIO and maintain with the previous mentioned or I also love FK 1000p which is an excellent paste sealant that you can maintain with a broad type of products.

This is a world with endless possibilities, I usually overthink it too much beacause of the many options.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWithASubie View Post
    What kind of coating are you referring to? I've only ever worked with wax so I'm not well versed with all the different sealants and coatings floating around these days.
    A ceramic coating. Sounds intimidating when first reading about but their are plenty that are easy to apply and remove out now.

Better and longer protection than waxes and sealants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123