autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello from NOLA

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello from NOLA

Howdy from NOLA, that is New Orleans, LA.

I’ve been a detailing enthusiast ever since I started driving, that’s four score and seven year ago, lol.

Off and on over the years I have kept up with that is new and all those tried and true goodies. I was a Meguairs advocate for a long time until I started to branch out.

I am an active duty Navy Chief and in true Navydoc76 fashion I have started to dive back in. Look forward to meeting everyone and getting up to speed on things. Currently have a PC 7424XP and have been ordering CG products. Looking at getting my skills back up and then finding those quality, top of the line products to make my wife’s SUV and my sedan turn heads.

Add @gmail to my screen name and you have my email. Along the way I am sure I will ask questions that have been asked and would appreciate bumps to the answering thread.

Stay Healthy and Safe,

Dave

Mike Phillips

Re: Hello from NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc76 View Post

Howdy from NOLA, that is New Orleans, LA.

I’ve been a detailing enthusiast ever since I started driving, that’s four score and seven year ago, lol.

Off and on over the years I have kept up with that is new and all those tried and true goodies. I was a Meguairs advocate for a long time until I started to branch out.

I am an active duty Navy Chief and in true Navydoc76 fashion I have started to dive back in. Look forward to meeting everyone and getting up to speed on things.

Hi Dave and welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Thank you for your service to our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc76 View Post

Currently have a PC 7424XP and have been ordering CG products.

Looking at getting my skills back up and then finding those quality, top of the line products to make my wife’s SUV and my sedan turn heads.

I'll share this, the hardest or most difficult part of a "car care line" to create are any products with abrasives. This would include,

• Compounds
    • Polishes
    • AIOs or cleaner/waxes

I talk a LOT about ABRASIVE TECHNOLOGY on this forum, including this article,

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint

Often times, myself and others on this forum help new members to remove and avoid micro-marring caused by less-than-good abrasive technology. I'd recommend testing out the CG stuff when it comes to car washes, waxes, vinyl dressings etc. But when it comes to anything with abrasives? Maybe just get one product and test first. Make sure you're getting the results you hope and dream about before buffing out an entire car.