autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newb from Michigan

Name's Eric. I started learning about detailing in the fall of last year. I've been lurking for awhile and have learned a lot from the forums already. I'm excited to continue this hobby down the rabbit hole.

I just finished up my Escape using Griot's G9 with Orange LC pads and Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax. Ended up removing all of the light scratches, but still had a few deeper ones left over. Looks much better than it used to

Newb from Michigan-tn_escape-post-polish-wax-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newb from Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownVagabond View Post
    Name's Eric. I started learning about detailing in the fall of last year. I've been lurking for awhile and have learned a lot from the forums already. I'm excited to continue this hobby down the rabbit hole.

I just finished up my Escape using Griot's G9 with Orange LC pads and Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax. Ended up removing all of the light scratches, but still had a few deeper ones left over. Looks much better than it used to

Newb from Michigan-tn_escape-post-polish-wax-jpg
    Welcome to AGO Eric!

How did you like the Ceramic Polish and Wax?

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that its important to know that the only other polish I've used is KAIO, which is not really comparable.

With that in mind, I think that it worked well. I had to re-apply to the pad once or twice a panel depending on the size. I'm not sure what is normal, but I was using the visual cue of no residue/haze left on the panel to know when to re-apply to the pad. Definitely needed an orange pad though. I saw from a few other posts on AGO that it is normally advised to use a white LC pad, but I found a post on another forum that put Ford at a similar year as having paint on the harder side. I can confirm from my experience that was an accurate description, and even with the orange pad the it did not cut very quickly.

I used a fresh pad on the hood since that was the worst and did 6-8 section passes. I used what felt like moderate pressure and 1 pad, the hood came out really well. I now find it hard to see the deeper scratches and can only find them because I'm looking for for them. After that I used 2 pads total for the rest of the car since there were barely any scratches. I averaged 3-4 section passes with the pad on the wet side of damp and found the results to be satisfactory.

I think the car went from a "10 foot car" to a "need to find the right angle with the sun to find that 1 scratch I know is there car".

Mike Phillips

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eric, I'm also from Michigan. The Escape looks good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Lake Orion, Mi.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey