autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New guy from Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    Makes sense. My cars actually only see water maybe 1-2 times a summer. I hate washing them with water and soap. Takes forever to properly dry, lol.
    Need to turn you on to the Griot's PFM drying towel............ (Evil laugh knowing I am sucking some other soul into this detailing addiction).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Need to turn you on to the Griot's PFM drying towel............ (Evil laugh knowing I am sucking some other soul into this detailing addiction).
    I think I actually have that towel.

Post Thanks / Like

A Terminator, and an SSP??? I think I have a new man crush

5. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    A Terminator, and an SSP??? I think I have a new man crush
    LOL, yes sir. You wouldn't be able to tell its a ssp by looking at it. Not stock. For some reason pictures won't upload.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason pictures won't upload.
    Download TapTalk on your phone, and send the pics that way.

The VBulletin format that most forums run is Horribly user unfriendly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Download TapTalk on your phone, and send the pics that way.

The VBulletin format that most forums run is Horribly user unfriendly.
    I do have Tapatalk. I'll give it a try.

Edit:. Okay guys, I added pictures to my first post up top.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!

Where in MN are ya located?

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Mike Phillips

Hey guys,

I've tried making a thread 3 times now and it never posts. Hopefully this time it will work.
    Apologies but our forum is set-up so that anytime a brand new member makes their first few posts, if the posts include links to outside websites the posts are automatically placed into the

Moderation Queue

When I logged in this morning to start my day, the first thing I do is check the Moderation Queue - where I found your other 2 posts. Your 3rd post made it through because instead of linking to PhotoBucket you used TapaTalk to add your photos.

When you then added the PhotoBucket version of the photos in your second reply to this thread, it sent that post into the Moderation Queue.

This is a social safety protocol to keep bad guy from doing bad things on a forum.

I've approved all three of your threads but have moved the 2 redundant threads to the Moderator's Forum, (hidden from public view), as we don't ever delete threads on this forum for legal reasons.

Anyway, I've been a car enthusiast for 20+ years. But my detailing could use some help.
    Thank you for joining the AGO forum, I think you'll find the quality and caliber of help you get here to fare exceed the help you can get anywhere else on the Interweb.

I currently own 2 mustangs. A 90 ssp coupe and a 03 cobra. I've waxed cars before, but never done a paint correction. I actually bought a DA porter cable about 2 years ago, but haven't got myself to use it. The products I will be using are Wolfgang. I actually have Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant ordered. I may try that on the 03 cobra first and see how it turns out.

I also purchased the book "The complete guide to a show car shine" by Mike Philips.
    Cool cars and thank you for getting my book. Here's what I always recommend about the book,

Read it from cover to cover and you'll know more than most detailers

It's jam-packed with meaty information and it's an easy read. I never make people WORK at understanding my written words.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, and appreciate any help along the way! I'll try to post some pictures of my cars shortly.

I'd higly recommend never using PhotoBucket on a forum. Unless you PAY for an account and then PAY FOREVER - sooner or later your pictures will either disappear or have a HUGE PhotoBucket watermark placed over them kind of spoiling the entire point of sharing a picture.

I probably have 5-6 articles on what a waste of time using PhotoBucket is on this forum and the MOL forum.

Here's one article from 2005 - 15 years ago as I type and it vindicates what I'm saying.

Why PhotoBucket is a waste of time...

Here's one from 2013 - 7 years ago as I type and it also vindicates what I'm saying.

Another Photobucket Rant...

Just sayin....

And - Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

11. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Welcome to AGO!

Where in MN are ya located?

Bill
    Thank you. I'm located in southern Minnesota. New Ulm is the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Apologies but our forum is set-up so that anytime a brand new member makes their first few posts, if the posts include links to outside websites the posts are automatically placed into the

Moderation Queue

When I logged in this morning to start my day, the first thing I do is check the Moderation Queue - where I found your other 2 posts. Your 3rd post made it through because instead of linking to PhotoBucket you used TapaTalk to add your photos.

When you then added the PhotoBucket version of the photos in your second reply to this thread, it sent that post into the Moderation Queue.

This is a social safety protocol to keep bad guy from doing bad things on a forum.

I've approved all three of your threads but have moved the 2 redundant threads to the Moderator's Forum, (hidden from public view), as we don't ever delete threads on this forum for legal reasons.

Thank you for joining the AGO forum, I think you'll find the quality and caliber of help you get here to fare exceed the help you can get anywhere else on the Interweb.

Cool cars and thank you for getting my book. Here's what I always recommend about the book,

Read it from cover to cover and you'll know more than most detailers

It's jam-packed with meaty information and it's an easy read. I never make people WORK at understanding my written words.

I'd higly recommend never using PhotoBucket on a forum. Unless you PAY for an account and then PAY FOREVER - sooner or later your pictures will either disappear or have a HUGE PhotoBucket watermark placed over them kind of spoiling the entire point of sharing a picture.

I probably have 5-6 articles on what a waste of time using PhotoBucket is on this forum and the MOL forum.

Here's one article from 2005 - 15 years ago as I type and it vindicates what I'm saying.

Why PhotoBucket is a waste of time...

Here's one from 2013 - 7 years ago as I type and it also vindicates what I'm saying.

Another Photobucket Rant...

Just sayin....

And - Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

I appreciate the welcome and all the knowledge that you share with other enthusiast like yourself.

I'll definitely read it the book cover to cover. And the fact that it's an easy reader is great!

Look forward to learning as much as I can.

Thank you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

I've tried making a thread 3 times now and it never posts. Hopefully this time it will work. Anyway, I've been a car enthusiast for 20+ years. But my detailing could use some help.

I currently own 2 mustangs. A 90 ssp coupe and a 03 cobra. I've waxed cars before, but never done a paint correction. I actually bought a DA porter cable about 2 years ago, but haven't got myself to use it. The products I will be using are Wolfgang. I actually have Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant ordered. I may try that on the 03 cobra first and see how it turns out.

I also purchased the book "The complete guide to a show car shine" by Mike Philips.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, and appreciate any help along the way! I'll try to post some pictures of my cars shortly.

Brady
    Some more ponies! That SSp is sweet and I appreciate a few mods.

That Terminator tho! Jealous! Is she stock under the hood?

I was in the market to either upgrade or add a terminator to the stable before the Corona hit. Well see.

Great choices on two classics and being older paint maybe look into a ceramic coating? Protection lasts longer and less need to touch the paint often thus preserving stock paint.

Hopefully that Terminator ends up being our generations Eleanor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast