autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shop owner

Post Thanks / Like

New shop owner

Hi all,

Been lurking for awhile and figured it was finally time to join. I recently had a two bay shop built and I've been running out of it for 2 months now. I'm up here in Maine so demands been a bit low, but February is already looking really promising. Most of my equipment is from when I was mobile so the interior of the shop is pretty bare but I hope to grow into it this year.

PS Mike I took your advice and used my real name for my username. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New shop owner

Welcome to AGO Ed!

Wishing you great success with the shop.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to your new endeavor

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Abbondanzio View Post
    Hi all,

Been lurking for awhile and figured it was finally time to join. I recently had a two bay shop built and I've been running out of it for 2 months now. I'm up here in Maine so demands been a bit low, but February is already looking really promising. Most of my equipment is from when I was mobile so the interior of the shop is pretty bare but I hope to grow into it this year.

PS Mike I took your advice and used my real name for my username. Thanks for the tip!
    Hi and welcome! It's a great place to find the most interesting details about cars! All the best to you!

Post Thanks / Like

So cool to be your own boss! It can be tough at times but well worth it! I have owned my own business (not detailing business) going on 14 years and love it! You will kick ass when the weather gets better! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck and wish you success. I was in the same situation, I opened my shop October 2018. Most of my equipment came right out of my mobile trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there!

Welcome. Where about in Maine are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I'm excited to be part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Hey there!

Welcome. Where about in Maine are you?
    I'm in Gardiner which is right below Augusta. And it's kinda funny but I actually stumbled across your website a month or two ago when I was developing a new version of mine. You're one of the few detailers in the upper New England area that has a nicely designed website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Abbondanzio View Post
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I'm excited to be part of the community.

I'm in Gardiner which is right below Augusta. And it's kinda funny but I actually stumbled across your website a month or two ago when I was developing a new version of mine. You're one of the few detailers in the upper New England area that has a nicely designed website.
    Thank you for the compliment. It’s nice that more and more detailers are popping up here on AGO from Maine.

I am trying to note these ones because occasionally I will get a call from afar. And people willingly will travel for good work. But I am a mobile service and am not willing to travel to them.

AGO members get chosen first on my list typically for referring work.

Please keep me posted about your shop and feel free to PM me or to get in touch one day if your in the mood for “detalk”.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. It’s nice that more and more detailers are popping up here on AGO from Maine.

I am trying to note these ones because occasionally I will get a call from afar. And people willingly will travel for good work. But I am a mobile service and am not willing to travel to them.

AGO members get chosen first on my list typically for referring work.

Please keep me posted about your shop and feel free to PM me or to get in touch one day if your in the mood for “detalk”.
    Thanks Dan. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I have a question or want to chat.

I'm really tempted to start a shop build thread to document as I go from a bare interior to a fully loaded up shop over the next few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast