autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Oklahoma

Hello from the Sooner State, everyone!

my name is Aaron I知 a new kid here on the forum. I have recently started to enjoy detailing as a whole. I have enjoyed buffing for many years but recently I have discovered an enjoyment for all of auto detailing. I think as I am getting older I am learning to slowdown and be patient enough to take the time out to do a good job and get a vehicle nice and clean. Where before I was like a 3 year old on Red Bull. I have a like new 20 year old 240,000 mile Toyota 4Runner that I greatly enjoy detailing. I have been investing in new detail tools and chemicals a little too much here recently.

I work in sales for a automotive paint and body supply company. We sell a line of professional auto detail products that I do enjoy and think most but not all of their products are really good. We mainly sell to body shops and dealership new/used car make readies. As much as I like the products we sell I am not naive enough to think they are the only good detail products on the market. I enjoy trying out a wide verity of products. As for auto paint I知 pretty closed minded to the 2 manufacturers I sell

Although I have been around detailing and chemicals for years I am nowhere near a professional detailer so I知 hear to learn from the other members. Hopefully I can give back a thing or two as well. I知 super excited about all the advancements in buffing and buffers in the last couple of years. I still have plenty to learn and play with but there is some neat stuff out on the market right now in the way of buffers.

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Oklahoma

lots of great info and good people on here!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Aaron!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Aaron!

And your experience with auto paint will sure be a benefit on a detailing forum. That's the base of what you detail so very important IMO. And also how to trouble shoot things with paints is huge in the detailing part if you are needed to be doing a repaint.

And you will also benefit from the advancement that's been much in the later years. It's just to get a couple of polishes you see here that are well liked and often is recommended. And do some own testing between the products you use now. To see for you self if there is any difference between them. Useally it's more polishes for rotary polisher in the bodyshops range of products. And in the detailing range you have mostly polishes for DA polishers. Generally speaking of course and many you can use with both DA polishers and rotary polishers. The main thing is also that in the detailing polishes they are not all silicone free which is not so good when in the bodyshops.

Then detailing is much more than the polishing part. And with products developing it's great to be in such as this forum. To see both from the AGO and from forum members that reviews many products that comes out. And a lot of experience with the different products out there all around from the forum members. But you can get an idea if it's a product that you want to test out or not. At least than just reading the product description or even only the bottle label.

The members here is very friendly and helpfull in every ways. And that's sadly uncommon on the social media today. That's a big part of why I'm here. To skip the internet trolls and the rude answers it mostly can be in some fb groups for an example.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Aaron, Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!