autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Europe, Hungary!

Quote Originally Posted by msupercharged View Post
    Prods. for SC: ( this is a bit smokey yet... i still need to find a good example post for 3 step polishing why are they using more products and why are they using that.. can you help me find one? )
    Welcome Mate.

Here's a forum thread by Mike on 1-Step vs. 3-Step. It's from several years ago but still relevant, although the products used have many more alternatives now days.

1-Step vs 3-Steps

Here's another thread that may be helpful ... especially check out the flowchart in post #5.

Detailing Steps from Start to Finish?

2. Thanks msupercharged thanked for this post
    Likes msupercharged liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Üdvözöljük és sok hasznos embert találsz itt.

4. Thanks msupercharged thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

6. Thanks msupercharged thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Dear Members,

I made my own weekend car. At least the hood
    Its barely a fresh paint but for the car (2001) it is a fresh paint.. (2016)

Well i did not had too much time sadly but i am really statisfied with my own results.

I used the XC 3401 with rupes paste and Hexa Logic pads... Its actually not a bad combo..... You should know that is extra hard to get any good stuff like Lake country pads in hungary. I can only order from Far away europe and its really expensive. Ironically i found a few LC pads at the chemical guys european site.
    At least i have the opportunity/chance to try them, Well as the offer was live the polisher came with chemical guys compund V36, V32 V34 back in thath day i believe but i decided not to use it on my weekedncar because i was afraid that the results wont be as good as i ight want... i red a lot of bad expreiences and looks like except the shampoo and other stuff its a big waste of money... well i learned something today also. So yes i can get rupes a bit more easier and i decided to use them instead ( i know the systems purpose and should work like a system) still i tought i will go with it. Try not the judge me.

Well the steps were these: Washed, Clayed, and than... Orange HexaLogic + yellow rupes for DA > Than White hexalogic with white rupes and the results was good enouh. Yes you can tell my paint is not bad.... water drops light medium scratches... still its a really nice result... I will post more pics and description when i progressing through the car.

Well i still want to ask you something : What pads and paste product you guys are use for the XC3401? Yes it realitve, thats why i ask you.. i would be much appriciated that you read this and have a good combo like any combo for the FLEX and just share it with me. Tank you

( One more thing.. i will buy a worklamp (scratch finder ) too !!!! Sorry not the best pictures! )

Hello from Europe, Hungary!-20190817_160642-jpg

Hello from Europe, Hungary!-20190817_115447-jpg

Hello from Europe, Hungary!-20190817_115455-jpg

Hello from Europe, Hungary!-20190817_115633-jpg

Hello from Europe, Hungary!-20190817_115643-jpg

Mike Phillips

First...

Results look great!

Quote Originally Posted by msupercharged View Post

What pads and paste product you guys are use for the XC3401?

Here's my go-to pads for the FLEX 3401 aka the BEAST!

NOTE: I wrote the below review back in 2017 when these pads were first introduced as replacements for the previous design which didnt' have the hole in the center. My opinion has not changed since the new style was introduced, they are still my go-to pads for the BEAST.

Here's the thread, (I actually forgot I wrote this)

Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Our good friends and sponsor of our TV show Competition Ready just introduced these new pads primarily for the FLEX 3401 and rotary buffers.

Since I was going to buff out this car anyway I decided to test out the more aggressive pads in this new line including the first three pads on the left hand side,

Force Hybrid Blue Wool Pad, Force Hybrid Grey Pad and Force Hybrid Orange Pad

On Autogeek.com

Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads - 6.5"

Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads - 5.5 inch

Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads - 3.5 inch

Here's the car I used for the review....

More pics and info in the actual write-up.

Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

9. Thanks msupercharged thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mike!

Fortunately i found a dealer who can ship me LC Force Híbrid Foam pads.

I just met a few challenges as i progressing my car. First is the space. The little corners are really hard to polish with the beast and a big ass pad but somehow i always slove it. At least till i buy a samller polisher. I really love the Flex... i think i will stick to them. Very comfortable and beauty results.

Well sorry but i forget to take a before picture on the trunks (linear)back... the horizontal part only a before picture i took .... cuz i made a mistake when i finished. Rain made me run in the garage and after buffing the wind i think just sent too much dust... when i buffed i made all over circle shaped scratches and i can start it again from the beginning... god....

Here is the pictures:
    Autogeek - Google Photos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12