autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Kentucky

Hello all. I’ll try to make this short and to the point.
    My truck, black 2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, is in the dirtiest condition of any vehicle I’ve had in the last 15 years.
    Before the Frontier, I had a 2005 Ford F-150. I bought both new.
    Anyway, I’m to the point where I’m ready to clean up and detail this Nissan. I’ve been reading a lot of threads here and elsewhere on the inter web, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what this job will entail. I think I have my work cut out for me.
    In my newb opinion, the paint isn’t in terrible condition. There is moderate oxidation and of course spider webbing from 10 years of washing, but nothing too serious I don’t think. The interior has some normal stains on the seats and carpet, but again, nothing too bad I guess.
    I’ve been adding products to wish and shopping carts trying to decide which products I'll absolutely need first, second , third, etc.
    I’m not able to get everything at once, so I’m going to have to acquire products in stages.
    If anybody has any experience or ideas about doing it like this, please give me a little help choosing product order of necessity.
    I’m really anal about things and my truck is starting to bother me. But, I know once I get started, this is going to be a time consuming process.
    Thanks to everyone on here for making this a wealth of information for us people just getting serious about this stuff. I will greatly appreciate any and all help or ideas.
    Thanks for reading and have a good one.
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi from Kentucky

Welcome to AGO.

Can you provide pics? That would help a lot.

One thing I would absolutely suggest is getting a DA polisher.

Correcting paint without one MAY be possible, but if you are dealing with a 9-year old truck as you say, working by hand will not only leave you unhappy with the results, but exhausted.

No question here is "dumb". Please feel free to ask anything, and again....... Please take some pics for us.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Paul. Get a good DA. Griots 6 inch is good. Lifetime warranty.

6 to 8 orange and white pads. Lake County or Buff and Shinebor Griots for example.

Depending on how far you want to go a good AIO or compound and polish.

Some good microfiber and off to the races.

Clay is good and an Ironx type product.

Good kuck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome and replies.
    Both of you mentioned exactly what I’m planning. I have a lot of products in my cart on here. But, I can’t get everything at one time unfortunately. Maybe I should just wait until I can.
    I did see a post or thread about the easiest way to post pictures. I guess I’ll have to find it again and do some reading. Unfortunately, I’m not real “ tech savvy “ when it comes to this kind of thing.
    I’m also wondering if I should start a thread in another section of the forum to get additional beginners help.
    I’ve been using Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash, Quick Interior Detailer and Stoner’s Invisible Glass for a long time. That’s about the extent of my detailing on this truck unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
    Both of you mentioned exactly what I’m planning. I have a lot of products in my cart on here. But, I can’t get everything at one time unfortunately. Maybe I should just wait until I can.
    I did see a post or thread about the easiest way to post pictures. I guess I’ll have to find it again and do some reading. Unfortunately, I’m not real “ tech savvy “ when it comes to this kind of thing.
    I’m also wondering if I should start a thread in another section of the forum to get additional beginners help.
    I’ve been using Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash, Quick Interior Detailer and Stoner’s Invisible Glass for a long time. That’s about the extent of my detailing on this truck unfortunately.
    Might get more clicks with a new thread. Auto Detailing 101 maybe.

Its tough having to wait. Lol. It gets in your blood at times. Hi from Kentucky

You're on the right track!

Ryan

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are on the right track, and definitely on the right forum.

I am not "tech savvy" at ALL. But, downloading the TapTalk app on your phone will allow you to post pics on here (any forum) with ease.

And...... YES. Start your own threads. You'll get more views.

Hint: Keep them to the point, and break up your typing so it's not all in one big "chunk". (Like I did here by spacing my sentences.) May sound crazy, but most people won't read a big "Chunk" of type beyond a few lines....

8. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys.

Good advise from both of you. I appreciate it.

I do have an assortment of pads and backing plates, the GG polisher, microfiber towels, clay kit, etc in my shopping cart already. I need to add a chemical decontamination product and a compound/polish/ wax product(s) as well. I’m kinda leaning towards an AIO ( BLACKFIRE AIO, McKee’s 360, 3D HD Speed, etc ) due to expenses and time. Would probably top it with something like Collinite 845 due to the good things I’ve read about it.

It’s really hard to decide on these products with no actual experience with any of them. All I have to go on is what I’ve been reading on here.

10. Thanks Goonie75 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys.

I do have an assortment of pads and backing plates, the GG polisher, microfiber towels, clay kit, etc in my shopping cart already. I need to add a chemical decontamination product and a compound/polish/ wax product(s) as well. I’m kinda leaning towards an AIO ( BLACKFIRE AIO, McKee’s 360, 3D HD Speed, etc ) due to expenses and time. Would probably top it with something like Collinite 845 due to the good things I’ve read about it.

It’s really hard to decide on these products with no actual experience with any of them. All I have to go on is what I’ve been reading on here.
    Sounds good. Gyeon Iron. CarPro IronX, both are good.

Good luck. You'll be taking reflection shots in no time. Hi from Kentucky

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys.

Very good start. Please ask away.

There are MANY, MANY guys and girls on here, and we all have our opinions. Just be patient, because you will get tons of them.

Again, ask away......

13. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO Todd! You will learn quite a bit from here. Might I suggest you get one of Mike Phillips How to books and that will help you considerably. I still use his book as a refresher but need to order a new one soon as the pages are falling out. Either way KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

15. Thanks Serenitynow thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast