autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

Hi folks,
    getting to know car detailing!
    I'm from Italy (near Monza circuit), i love cars and i'm mad for cleaning and lapping stuff.
    I just went from a yaris to a Bmw, big jump , and i decided to take care of it like if it is my girlfriend, or maybe better?!
    I discovered this mega forum just lately, i come from a month of youtube videos, trying to learn the job just for personal purpose and for passion.
    Got a Ero600 atm, brand new, still in the box. Bit scared to use it, but i hope you and this forum tips will guide me in the correct way.
    I'm very happy to be here, and happy to see that people as Mr. Philips contribute so often even if i guess he must be a very busy man!
    My english isn't perfect, i apologize for that.

Much respect to all of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello all!

welcome

3. Thanks Simon1977 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO, Simon.

You will find pretty much any answer on detailing here on this forum.

AGO is full of knowledgable pros and hobbyists alike, and as you mentioned we have Mike P.

I'm pretty sure there is no person on earth with more hands-on experience with anything detailing related than Mike.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks Simon1977 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Simon and thank you for joining us. Let us know what type of products that you use in Italy. Do you use a Rupes polisher?

7. Thanks Simon1977 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Simon. Don't be afraid but we understand as most of us have been there.

9. Thanks Simon1977 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Welcome Simon and thank you for joining us. Let us know what type of products that you use in Italy. Do you use a Rupes polisher?
    I got a ero600 with 125 and 50 mm pads, all soft, for my new car. Just bought also essence, SF3800, bathe, gyeon one, plus collinite 845 for the summer, reading here on forums what to use for white cars.
    Got IronX and gyeon mild clay, but actually quite scared to use, paint seems so good as of now, just some swirl but very rare! But i know that process is required, maybe i'll wait a bit and get used on my old car xD
    Some issue instead with those damn Bmw black B pillars, are scratched already from the first day

I think products are likely same as yours, we miss some, but have many.

It's like 1 month i'm just studying what to buy and what to start with, the process from start to end, and videos from Mike and from Forensic detailing channel.
    You know, it's a long way!

11. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Simon!

If I'm not wrong the Ero600 is a 8mm free spinning DA polisher? A perfect polisher to start with. I whent with the 21mm longthrow polisher and very soon was seeing the need of a mini polisher LOL. But with the option to use a smaller backing plate on the 8mm free spinning DA is awesome. And in the future if going with some other kind of polisher you can dedicate it for 3"/75mm backing plate.

Tons of knowledge on here and a friendly and awesome people on here. The english you catch up on fast when you start to write and read a lot. My first language is swedish and google translate was usefull in the beginning. Then some words it's no good translation on. Just try to describe as thorough as you can and mostly it gets through on what you mean.

/ Tony from Sweden

13. Likes Simon1977 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Welcome to the forum Simon!

If I'm not wrong the Ero600 is a 8mm free spinning DA polisher?
    Hey Tony!
    I'm not sure about specs of this little tool, so i copy paste from a website:

Shinemate Ero 600
    900W motor
    2800-6800 OPM variable speed controller
    9mm Orbit Diameter
    5 Meter Cable
    Soft Start function
    Load sensing module for constant speed
    Full CE certifiation with UK or European plug
    Lightweight at only 2kg's

Each machine is supplied with:

FREE waffle polishing pad
    Flexible 5" backing plate
    Extra Countweight included for 6"
    Spare set of brushes
    Side Handle
    Spanner
    Full colour box with instructions

Heard is very good to start with, actually hard for me to understand what can change purchasing a better one, but i hope i can get very good results with this, because i do not plan to get a higher tier for loooooong time.
    They sell it with 125mm pads, and then i bought the extra 50mm backing plate with 50 to 70 iconic pads from Rufus. I plan using the 50mm for B pillars and in harder areas as low bumper parts ecc..

Have a nice sunday!

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's like the 8mm free spinning DA polisher but yours has a 9mm throw instead. It's a great little machine and for your own cars it's enough to have. Would be if you where to do more work on customer or a lot of familys and friends cars when you want to cut down on the time it takes to polish. You would maybe look after a more effective polisher.

17. Likes Simon1977 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be afraid to break it out of the box and try it. Once you do you'll see how easy and harmless it is to use. Ok, maybe you are reluctant on your BMW but get a friend or girlfriends car.

I guarantee that once you try it with your own hands you'll get comfortable with it.

19. Likes Simon1977 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.