autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Louisville, KY

Hello all. I just bought a new 2018 KIA Sportage SX in the Mineral Silver color. I am looking for a detailer to clean, decon, polish the car.

Thanks - Erik

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Louisville, KY

Welcome, Erik! Great place to ask.

3. Thanks edwelly thanked for this post
    Likes edwelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep reading on here, and you'll become your own detailer!

Welcome to AGO!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks edwelly thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post

Hello all.

I just bought a new 2018 KIA Sportage SX in the Mineral Silver color.

I am looking for a detailer to clean, decon, polish the car.

Thanks - Erik

Hi Erik,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Just to note, the only people that will >click< on your thread according to the TITLE are the nice members of our forum that like to say "hi" to new members that post introduction threads like you have done.

If you want to find a qualified detailer to detail your Kia Sportage, you will have much better luck starting a NEW thread, (now that you've introduced yourself), with a title like,

Pro Detailer wanted in City, State to detail my 2018 KIA Sportage SX

After years of typing for the blogosphere, I've noticed that's kind of how the human mind works.

I'd suggest posting it here,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tailing-101-a/

Don't double post, that is post the same thread in two different locations, that can seem like a good idea but it creates confusion.

7. Thanks edwelly thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Erik,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Just to note, the only people that will >click< on your thread according to the TITLE are the nice members of our forum that like to say "hi" to new members that post introduction threads like you have done.

If you want to find a qualified detailer to detail your Kia Sportage, you will have much better luck starting a NEW thread, (now that you've introduced yourself), with a title like,

Pro Detailer wanted in City, State to detail my 2018 KIA Sportage SX

After years of typing for the blogosphere, I've noticed that's kind of how the human mind works.

I'd suggest posting it here,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tailing-101-a/

Don't double post, that is post the same thread in two different locations, that can seem like a good idea but it creates confusion.

Thank you sir. Created new thread as described above.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to AGO! On a different note...my father was born in Stamping Ground Kentucky! That is next to Lexington! I don't know how far from Louisville. Or it might be next to Louisville. I can't remember! I am 1/2 Asian and 1/2 Redneck!....LOL You will learn a lot from this forum. Might I suggest you learn how to detail yourself? It's not hard to learn, especially from this forum. You can also learn from Mike Phillips How-to books. The amount of money you are putting in for a detail would be a huge down payment to get the stuff you need to learn yourself.

Just saying! But welcome!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Hi and welcome to AGO! On a different note...my father was born in Stamping Ground Kentucky! That is next to Lexington! I don't know how far from Louisville. Or it might be next to Louisville. I can't remember! I am 1/2 Asian and 1/2 Redneck!....LOL You will learn a lot from this forum. Might I suggest you learn how to detail yourself? It's not hard to learn, especially from this forum. You can also learn from Mike Phillips How-to books. The amount of money you are putting in for a detail would be a huge down payment to get the stuff you need to learn yourself.

Just saying! But welcome!
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I have most everything I already need including a PC 7424XP. I am just super nervous about a brand new car. I seem to always do a good job prepping, taping and applying. But always struggle with removing. Always seems to be a lot hardert than everyone else.

11. Likes Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey im from owensboro........there are several members from louisville on here that i have seen before not sure how active they are with the forums though. If you are too nervous to do your car find someone that needs some work on theirs maybe a family member or friend and see if they are willing to let you learn a little lol my sister let me use her camry that was black and i started with hd speed and i got great results and she was super happy. Main thing to do if you are gonna try it is to do some test spots with different pads/products/passes to see what results you want to get and also start with the least aggressive approach first. Hopefully someone on here can help you out though you also might try the facebook page also.

13. Likes edwelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Erik,
    I am in Louisville and I have been detailing professionally for 6 years (many years prior to that on my own cars). I have been to Mike Phillips class in Stuart and also worked on a project with Mike in E-Town. I am in Middletown and I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your car or help you through the process.
    Alan Graves
    OCD-tailing

15. Likes Kamakaz1961, Diner liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    Hi Erik,
    I am in Louisville and I have been detailing professionally for 6 years (many years prior to that on my own cars). I have been to Mike Phillips class in Stuart and also worked on a project with Mike in E-Town. I am in Middletown and I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your car or help you through the process.
    Alan Graves
    OCD-tailing
    Alan - thanks again for helping me this past weekend. I learned so much and apprecaite your patience with my many, many questions. I am excited about getting the car coated in a few weeks.
    Again thanks so much!!!
    Erik