autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Newbie!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie!

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the forums, but not necessarily to the detailing world. I'm a 33 year old mom living in Louisiana currently, I own an Oxford White 2003 Mustang Cobra that is my "baby." Previously, I owned a Black 2004 Mustang GT and that car is what originally got me in to the detailing world...I was very tired of dull paint. I'm self taught in the sense that I don't know everything, but aspire to learn a little more each day on the subject. I learn a lot by trial and error, don't use the "top" brand products, but I use what I see results with. I've only been in to this little "hobby" for about 6 years now. 99% of my arsenal is Chemical Guys and I have seen results with their products, I know people have their preferences and opinions of different companies, but I use what I like and again, what I see results with. I am looking to broaden my horizons a little more with different companies and products, however and that's why I'm researching and joining this community! I will say that I love Chemical Guy's products, however, I HATE their customer service and marketing...but, I digress.

This has been long winded, but it IS an introductory post...so; Hi y'all!

She was old, but I kept her shining:

Newbie!-2016-02-27-154858-2414506-jpg

My current obsession, I have found with White cars, people tend to assume it's a "bland" color and doesn't have any shine to it, however, with some TLC and quality products, mine shines quite nicely ...

Newbie!-img_0516-jpg

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie!

Nice rides!

And welcome to AGO!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes MissV8der liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!

Some of us likes to stay in the brand we found a product that was a game changer for us. Then we find products in that brand that just is acceptable. Those products is to find in other brands. And forums like AGO and Autopia is great for look at what product other people like to use on different kind of situations and surfaces. Then you have the option to start a thread with questions if you have a problem with a task or a product you are not satisfied with and want to test another one. And you have a nice får that you can show off when you have done some detailing on it.

/Tony

6. Likes MissV8der liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. A lot of great products to try and a lot of great people who are happy to help.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO! You have great tastes in rides! You will learn quite a bit from this forum. As for Chemical Guys, once you try other brands from AGO, you might be abandoning them. I have used CG products and have had many hits and misses; too much to use again. Not to bash but 1st hand bad experiences FORCED me to look elsewhere. It was the best thing to happen to me ever since.

Mike Phillips is the Yoda of this group. If you want to learn more, I highly recommend getting one of his how-to books.

But again welcome to AGO and dig the fact you like Detroit Muscle! Keep on Rocking!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

9. Likes PaulMys, MissV8der liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Welcome to AGO! You have great tastes in rides! You will learn quite a bit from this forum. As for Chemical Guys, once you try other brands from AGO, you might be abandoning them. I have used CG products and have had many hits and misses; too much to use again. Not to bash but 1st hand bad experiences FORCED me to look elsewhere. It was the best thing to happen to me ever since.

Mike Phillips is the Yoda of this group. If you want to learn more, I highly recommend getting one of his how-to books.

But again welcome to AGO and dig the fact you like Detroit Muscle! Keep on Rocking!
    Always thought of Mike more like the Godfather.

"I'm gonna show him a polish he can't refuse......."

But the Yoda reference is a good one.

"Machine polishing you are, young Jedi...... "

Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes MissV8der, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!

I'll definitely be poking around and asking questions if I have any

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie!

Welcome to the AGO forum. Catering to the 01% overly obsessed detail geeks! Like you I’ve had mustangs most my life, my first brand new car a million years ago was an 89 LX 5.0 (I was 19). Got in a lot of trouble in that car, but enjoyed detailing it. I also had an 01 GT. We have two ponies in the stable (garage today) S197 GT and EB S550.

As far a your products, Mike Phillips has two sayings, “rung with what you bring” meaning if your getting results with what’s in the detail closet, good job!

Second is, use a product you like? Stick with it.

However I will say that once you venture into other brands like Blackfire, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and McKee’s you may find differences you like.

Anyway, welcome and that is one sweet Cobra!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks MissV8der thanked for this post
    Likes MissV8der liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from PA. A wealth of info here to help you keep that Mustang looking good. White as black is a challenge. But with all the new technology, such as wipe on walk away sealants, Hydro Blue etc... Your care for it will be much easier. Welcome to the forum. And never be afraid to ask questions.
    2018 Colorado ZR2