autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I'm back...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back...

I can't quit you.

Hey all. It's been a minute since I've posted here but I am back with a new car and a fresh zest for cleaning the damn thing.

My name is Andrew, and I am from Montgomery County, PA. I came here a few years ago looking for advice on detailing my new-to-me 2009 Mustang GT. What I found was a thriving community of like-minded people who welcomed me with open arms and buffers at the ready. During my time here I met some fantastic people and learned a whole lot about detailing. I never got great at it, but I enjoyed my journey to adequate.

Three years ago I was struck by crippling depression and anxiety. I've spent the last few months trying to crawl out of a bottomless, dark hole. I'm not out yet, but I can see the light and blue sky above me for the first time in years. Enough said about that.

This January I started college at 48 years old because it was on my bucket list. I am pursuing my Ph.D. in Mathematics, which I will probably obtain when I am in my 80's. To make the commute more enjoyable, I picked up a little gem this weekend: a 2018 VW GTI Autobahn Edition. And because any thread on a detailing forum is worthless without pics, see below. Now I plan to try and keep him clean (I named him Oliver) despite living in an apartment complex where hoses in the front yard and washing cars in the driveway are prohibited. Also, I will try to not destroy the wheels on the roads here in Potholevania.

I'm back...-img_0112-jpg
    I'm back...-img_0113-jpg

2. Likes SWETM, TTQ B4U, Eldorado2k, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm back...

It’s beautiful!

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

First off,welcome back. Second,glad you are feeling better and can see the light. I think detailing will help. At least it helps me relax and clear my mind and forgot about life’s stresses for a little while. That probably explains why I have washed my still very clean cars back to back on multiple days of the week at times. The neighbors look at me like I’ve lost it. Lastly, Oliver looks great. Nice choice and should make for some fun commuting. And about the potholes,well my dealership saw me 4 times this winter for rim repairs/replacements. No matter how careful i was, there was often a pothole waiting for me.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, and congrats on the GTI. They are very fun cars. You got the correct transmission, I see! Nothing against DSG, but the manual in the new GTIs is super sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

And seems like you have come a long way to crawling back up from the hole. Pursuing the bucket list is a great help. And the new car and the feel to like it well maintained is a benefit too I think. The gti will get you a fun ride and comute. Hope you can cruise between the potholes which a gti is a good help to do so

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

For whatever it’s worth, I crawled out of my own hole around April last year, and a new car purchase for my wife led me here, since I like to go all out. I jumped back in the hole in the fall, and now I’m happily out again, excited about the future and this hobby keeps my mind occupied yet relaxed. It’s a great thing with instant rewards.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah man!

Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings.I'm back...