autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Grias eich!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Grias eich!

Hello everybody,

first of all "Grias eich" basically means "Greetings" in German/Austrian dialect.
    I'm from Austria, living in Vienna, 25 years old and recently bought my first car.

It is a 1992 Mercedes-Benz 190 E (W201) with the 2.0 litre engine (122hp) in midnight blue (code 904).
    Is getting close to 300k km but unfortunately it is not in original factory condition anymore, since it suffered a damage and has been partially repainted.
    You can see some pictures of it in my album.

I have never been into detailing and so far I cleaned the car using a coin-operated pressure washer.
    All of my relatives and friends are using either these or wash tunnels, in fact my estimation is that 90% of this city's car owners wanting to clean their car is using them.
    After watching some videos and reading a few articles I would like to give the car some love and therefore proper care.

Hope you can guide me into the right direction, when I'll be starting a thread regarding the car .
    1992 Mercedes-Benz | W201 190 E | 1997cc 122HP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grias eich!

Welcome to the forum! I remember that car when it was the "baby Benz" that was sold here in the US after our various gas shortages and when diesels fell out of favor for a while.

3. Thanks 90s kid thanked for this post
    Likes 90s kid liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grias eich!

Thanks Setec Astronomy! Yeah, it's known here as the "Baby Benz" as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Autogeekonline mobile app
    1992 Mercedes-Benz | W201 190 E | 1997cc 122HP

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.