autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

*NEW* NH Part Time Detailer!

*NEW* NH Part Time Detailer!-spg1-jpg

I've decided to start a part-time detailing business out of my house up here in NH. I've been building and tuning 95% saabs my entire life as we can all see here. My detailing experience has been limited based on caring more about building and creating than detailing to the "professional" extent. Now that the flipping car business I was doing part-time is more of a pain in the ass, I feel that getting into this will ful-fill my ocd and detailed oriented brain so I fell in, plus the old lady mentioned it to me so I already have that stamp of approval haha. To start off I need to give a shout out to Mike Phillips and to all the other detailers on here as I've spent the last month reading and watching videos and gathering my own personal best route for my business adventure.

In the picture is my 1988 Saab 900 SPG with 400whp and paint i have maintained with clay and hand wax with zymol. Well this picture is after i used m105 (hood, roof, spoiler) and ultimate compound on the side and body panels with my GG6 LLC CCS pads, 6 inch, 4inch and 5.5 inch pads. It seems I have a niche for learning the corrected pressure and i'm getting better on technique as its motivating to see instant results. Next step will be with the ultimate polish and then wax....topped with the sealant for added protection. (wondering what this would look like experiment if i top the wax with a sealant look) as i've read various posts on this. The lift defiantly helps in all aspects of this detailing process.

My plan for my part-time detailing business it to offer your "production" Detailing process for starters- Attracting for your busy parents, getting car ready for sale type of package. Efficient and low overhead are my goals

What i've invested in for interior cleaning would include meg apc, super degreaser, tornador black with vac attachment, chemical guys VRP, chemical guys back to black, stoner invis glass as ive been using this for years!

For my exterior I'm going to keep using Wheel-Brite for cleaning and degreasing wheels, 3D HD Speed topped with Meg spray wax for the extra protection (i've read various opinions on this step and i'm gonna give it a try) and ofcourse some clay before hand, rapid remover, stoner tar and sap removal, gg6 with 5.5 inch llc ccs pads and 4 in pads.

- I've ordered some foam 4" pads and some thin pro hyrbid llc pads as ive read those are a fan fav also. The CCS pads I really like so far and haven't had product stick in the cells as i've read people shy away from these because of that..Maybe when I do more i'll notice this

- I also ordered some ceriglass polish and pads and some mckees headlight sealant to try my hand on this as I think i've found a diy wait to use the products i have to restore headlights for an add-on

I need to feel out my pricing but i'm leaning towards 100-250 range for all cars. I'd expect most clients would end up around 120-180 based on condition. Being out of my house, word based, and looking at my market i'll see how I end up. Also it seems the feeling up here is people would rather have a clean interior than exterior so we will see.

I'm looking forward to having mike send me out the VIF form so i can start looking at that.

Autogeek has been fantastic to work with and gladly take all of my money with great results on the product haha!

My only problem I need to look into more is drying pads more efficently. I can't keep letting these air dry, up here it takes them 2 days even after i wash them i will use the air gun.

Mike Phillips

Re: *NEW* NH Part Time Detailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddersdetailing View Post

*NEW* NH Part Time Detailer!-spg1-jpg

I've decided to start a part-time detailing business out of my house up here in NH.

To start off I need to give a shout out to Mike Phillips and to all the other detailers on here as I've spent the last month reading and watching videos and gathering my own personal best route for my business adventure.
    Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Happy to see you join our forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddersdetailing View Post

Autogeek has been fantastic to work with and gladly take all of my money with great results on the product ha ha!

Ha ha...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO! I wish you nothing but MUCH success in your detailing adventures!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Where in New Hampshire?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm right by NHMS in Gilmanton!

Post Thanks / Like