autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone

Well finally bought the car I've always wanted. And let me say this car is new and looks like the dealer how no idea how to clean it safely. There are swirls, holograms, etc...
    I have been following the videos and forum talk, for years. I am willing to jump in and take care of my cars issues. My first big thing is a DA polisher. As a beginner is the Flex 3401 to much for me, or will I end up with one later anyway. I am willing to spend the money, just not sure if I need it. I tend to always buy what most people recommend and usually (not always) it's the most expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hi Everyone-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi Everyone

Are you just going to be taking care of your car, or is there a good chance this is going to become a hobby and you will be working on cars fairly regularly?
    Welcome to AG online!

Post Thanks / Like

if it's for personal use and a few cars here and there then the GG6 would be an excellent choice. save the extra money and purchase some extra pads and a few different DA backing plates. later down the line you can always pick up a G21/15 to go with it...

Griots Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher

Griots Garage BOSS G21 Long Throw Orbital Polisher

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Denitely will be done my car as much as needed. Now and in the future But I am sure I will be doing wife's car too. Of course the family will all want stuff done when they see the results. Just won't just be one car I'm sure of that. And I do enjoy cleaning and making cars look good.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...so your going to end up addicted to this hobby like most of the rest of us lol. If you only want to buy one machine I would recommend the GG6. It has plenty of power, lifetime warranty, and you can use different size backing plates and pads. I would go with a 5 inch backing plate and use 5.5 inch pads. You can get a 3 inch backing plate and run smaller pads for the tight area. The G21 is a great machine. Nice and smooth. Large throw machines finish great, but you would really want a second machine for smaller pads. You can always start with a GG6, then down the road if you want to upgrade you can use the GG6 for smaller pads. As far as long throw machines Rupes is also a great machine. flex is a great machine also.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, welcome to AGO, Didz! I might also recommend the GG machine first as an introduction to machine use. As you develop more comfort with its capabilities you can always continue with it as a second machine and upgrade when you are comfortable to a more expensive unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! So if I am getting what your saying I am going to get a GG6 with 5 inch and 3 inch backing plates. This way I can do large and tight areas, correct? Do you recommend there products as well ive,watched their videos about their pads and product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Thank you everyone! So if I am getting what your saying I am going to get a GG6 with 5 inch and 3 inch backing plates. This way I can do large and tight areas, correct? Do you recommend there products as well ive,watched their videos about their pads and product.
    Correct, then if you upgrade you can still use the GG6 for the smaller pads 3 inch 4 inch. Pads you can go Griot's. Lake Country had a large selection. I always used the flat pads in the 5.5 inch and Hydrotech in the smaller sizes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.