autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while , Avalanche Grey paint help

Hello Guys and Gals ,
    its been a few years but looking for some help on my new Avalanche Grey Color Raptor.
    im wanting to do a coating but so confused and wanted to hear other options or the best coating for a glossy, can't look ??
    thx for your help.John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's been a while , Avalanche Grey paint help

I just did a '17 Raptor in the Av Grey....turned out great. Gave it a light polish to remove dealer swirls with Griots Complete Polish on a G21 with cutting pad (orange). Coated with CQUK, allowed to cure a couple hours then topped with Reload. Pics here..https://www.facebook.com/FirehouseMo...92639970837105

Mike

3. Likes John G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I just did a '17 Raptor in the Av Grey....turned out great. Gave it a light polish to remove dealer swirls with Griots Complete Polish on a G21 with cutting pad (orange). Coated with CQUK, allowed to cure a couple hours then topped with Reload. Pics here..Brand-New Ford Raptor in Avalanche (sort... - Firehouse Mobile Detail | Facebook

Mike
    I did the same ! Thanks worked and looked great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Like the carbon fiber pieces...looks great on the truck.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    Hello Guys and Gals ,
    its been a few years but looking for some help on my new Avalanche Grey Color Raptor.
    im wanting to do a coating but so confused and wanted to hear other options or the best coating for a glossy, can't look ??
    thx for your help.John
    Welcome back.

Here's the thing about coatings. Many of them are going to look about the same and most of them perform about the same. Although some perform better than others. This is what I have noticed from the various coatings I have used.

One other thing to note is that silver or grey is not going to give that wow factor. In the right light it does look good. Speaking from experience here. Much of the gloss is going to come from polishing.

What looks good on silver and again this is from personal experience is polishing the paint with an SiO2 primer polish and then applying a coating. I personally like to stay with the same family when it comes to primer polishes and coatings to avoid possible compatibility issues.

In saying all this CarPro Essence and CQUK 3.0 looks good on silver. Topping it with Gliss is optional and that will add a little more gloss. I don't have any photos at the moment as I just transferred them to my hard drive. Cquartz Classic is another that looks good on light color paints. The TiO2 in it is what adds that additional reflectivity to it.

Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light + Exo looks pretty good on light colors as well. Have that on my white car.

Gyeon Primer Polish + Gyeon Syncro is another combination that looks good on lighter paints. I attribute this to the primer polish as the SiO2 will leave some additional gloss. CarPro Essence is similar as well.

CarPro won't break the bank and will suit your needs.

If you are looking to just get into coatings and need a coating-lite then Gyeon CanCoat is an option that looks great with Gyeon Primer Polish.

Hope this long winded comment answers your question.

7. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post