autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Source for Liquid Glass Legend

I have about half a can still. Used it on my RV since it only gets waxed once a year. Still beads like crazy after a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    I have about half a can still. Used it on my RV since it only gets waxed once a year. Still beads like crazy after a year.
    Just out of curiosity, do you wash that RV over the course of the year? Or only when you're ready to re-"wax"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait... so you have to apply 25 layers of the coating for it to live up to the claims???

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you wash that RV over the course of the year? Or only when you're ready to re-"wax"?
    I typically wash it after it gets used, before it goes back into storage. Last year was not a good year so It came home in the spring for de-winterizing and wash and wax. I think it got washed maybe one other time over the entire season before going back into winter storage.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so that everyone knows, there are actually two products being discussed here. Liquid Glass (tin can) keeps having a revival of a sorts every couple years. Some suggested it was similar to Finish First. Liquid Glass even released a spray booster/quick detailer for it several years back.

Liquid Glass Legend was an updated sealant they released at a 100.00 price point. The description made it sound like a coating before they came out with many manufacturers. I still wonder how this product works and if anyone has a sample or review of it ???

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the tin can stuff back in the day....... did not hold up well imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    why ask for a product not sold by autogeek anymore? that proves the product did not live up to the high standards AG sets for the products they sell....furthermore, you can find way better products then the over exaggerated claims that product makes here on autogeek.net store. seriously stone and chip resistant after 25 coatings? another throw off is it saying it contains PTFE, sure might contain teflon but will it bond? no it will not as it requires high heat to bond...for the 100$ they have the MSRP set at you could get 2 syringes of opti-coat which is permanent and has a proven track record.
    Ouch being a little rough. AG is in the business of making money. They sell what moves. They carry just about every OTC detailing product out there made by the major players. Mother's and OTC Meg's. (I'm not pointing fingers. I'm sure there are more.) Be honest we all know the retail lines are junk with the exception of a few hidden gems. They offer the major player OTC product not because they perform well. AG offers it to make the major players happy and want the higher end products at a cheaper wholesale price increasing the profit margin on the products AG's customer base actually buys. That is AG's target pro's and weekend warriors that want good products from a product line with a good rep. That's the trade off.

Mr. Phillips please do not take this personally. I am just trying to illustrate a point. You are a wealth of knowledge and a true professional. You have a passion for detailing and have given us all a wealth of knowledge. It's just not a job for you. I know you have obligations to keep and a business to run.
    Are we not watching Mike's instructional video's. Does anyone else notice the Meg's overkill decor in the back round.

I don't know a single person who has had a positive results with Mother's Back to Black trim restorer. (Again just a example to illustrate a point.) I think all of us would have a very long list of dud products AG offers. That any detailing supply company sells. They have to take the good with the bad just like we do.

They dropped the Autoglym brand. Not because they were bad products. They did not appeal to AG's customer base. AG SRP is probably still one of the best all around performing AIO's I have ever used. They still have a big following in the UK. Autoglym made some just okay products every company does.

Some people just like the products they like it works for their needs and that's fine. Be realistic when it comes to detailing products a good portion of products mainly the retail lines are last year's formula tweaked a little throw a new name on it. Make a nice new container with a new label design and boom we got the latest and greatest just because the company noticed a certain product or product line market share has been declining.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand, and I could be wrong or miss-informed, I was under the impression that Liquid Glass is no longer being manufactured???

Wouldn't something like "Rejex" be comparable?
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to see this stuff at Pep Boys all the time.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the honest question posed here instead of issuing grief........I googled it and found it at one place which was ebay. $115+ shipped. You might look into it there.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast