autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Japan - Superautobacs

I was in Asia last month on business and managed to check out shops in Korea, China and Japan. I could not find anything decent in Korea (Seoul, Pusan) or China (Beijing, Shanghai and Shenyang) but did manage to visit Superautobacs in Tokyo. They sell extensive Sonax, limited Griots and Meguiars and of course the major Japanese brands. Sonax, Griots and Meguiars were on endcaps so I didn't want to draw attention and take pics (discouraged if not forbidden) but I did manage to get some candid shots of the detailing row with Japanese branded products.

Japan - Superautobacs-img_7637-jpgJapan - Superautobacs-img_7636-jpgJapan - Superautobacs-img_7634-jpgJapan - Superautobacs-img_7635-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Japan - Superautobacs

Soft99

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

they use to have one of these stores back many years ago in the orange county, california area (stanton) and i use to go check it out every couple of weeks and it was very cool to see items that aren't normally sold here in the states. unfortunately, they closed down...

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool photos! I know Gyeon is made in Korea. I am surprised there were no products showing there.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Way cool photos! I know Gyeon is made in Korea. I am surprised there were no products showing there.
    I didn't have transportation, time or language skills to get to a shop that sold detailing goods when I was in Korea. Nice cars are relatively new in China to the detailing market is very young and undeveloped, plus the Chinese don't take care of their cars the way that the Japanese and Koreans do. The rich Chinese who can afford cars just pay someone else to detail them. Plus I was working so the time to escape was limited, even though I know my way around pretty well.

In Japan the cars are always clean and washed. You will never see a dirty car there unless you go out to the countryside. Many of the Japanese waxes are loaded with fillers so the paint needs continuous applications of wax to hide the swirls.

I spent a half-day at Superautobacs. They have some real nice stuff. The Recaro boutique is extensive, the amount of mods they have for Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas and Subarus is extensive. Probably could have spent a whole day there. The service bays had some really nice cars including a McLaren, multiple GTRs of various vintages, a Lotus and a Ferrari. I didn't take pics because it is considered rude without the owner's permission.

6. Likes Klasse Act, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That must’ve been very cool to be in the presence of Superautobacs! Would love to go there some day and visit the myriad of tuner shops throughout the county and hit up the Gunsai Togue!!

Your last post about taking photos of others cars without permission being rude is something I wish was part of American culture. It irritates me that people just snap pics and take videos of people’s cars and post them on various forms of solcial media. It’s happened to me in the past and to this day and I’ve never owned supercars but just run of the mill tuner and sports cars.

Thanks for the post though and I recognized that username and picture of yours right away from Gran Turismo
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just asking here but what's so disrespectful about taking pics of a car YOU really like? I mean you may never see it again. I know I've taken pics of an RS200 and Lancia Delta Intagrale EVO before because I couldn't believe what was right in front of me on a public street.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    If you go to France you might be surprised to find most bars don’t have any cognac available... Maybe it’s the same way over there with Gyeon? For all we know it’s considered the cheap stuff. Lol. J/k

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Act, the reason I feel that way is only because I have grown up in the Honda/Acura scene. Multiple cars have been stolen from people I know over the years and certainly don’t live in a bad area. That’s where I’m coming from with it at least, I just get a little nervous/cautious when I see others do it I guess(as if maybe somebody is scoping the car out haha).

After reading my last post I can see I came off a bit over the top and totally understand what you’re saying. I know I’d love to grab a few pics myself and knowing my luck wouldn’t get my phone out of my pocket and in camera mode and focused on the car to get a pic or two haha.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm just asking here but what's so disrespectful about taking pics of a car YOU really like? I mean you may never see it again. I know I've taken pics of an RS200 and Lancia Delta Intagrale EVO before because I couldn't believe what was right in front of me on a public street.

I stopped and took a picture of a car the other day in the parking lot of Wally World... However it wasn’t because the car was nice, but because it was so ugly and I couldn’t believe it was right in front of me and I felt like I’d never see it again. Lol.

I thought it was a new version of a Citroen Ami 6.. It turned out to be a Nissan.

On my way out I saw the owner inside starting the car, [older white lady] I just smiled and thought “what were you thinking when you bought that car, lady”? Lol.

I don’t know what I would’ve said if she would’ve caught me taking a picture of it.. Knowing me I wouldn’t have been able to say anything but the truth and told her “oh I just had to take a picture because I’ve never seen a car this ugly in real life and I want to show it to some people”

I’m not a good liar, which in turn makes me brutally honest. I can’t help it. Japan - Superautobacslol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast