autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Japan - Superautobacs

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm just asking here but what's so disrespectful about taking pics of a car YOU really like? I mean you may never see it again. I know I've taken pics of an RS200 and Lancia Delta Intagrale EVO before because I couldn't believe what was right in front of me on a public street.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not a rude question at all. Japan has certain social norms and unwritten rules. It is, for the most part an extremely orderly, homogeneous society. One expectation is a reasonable amount of privacy and discretion which dates back to feudal times. It is common courtesy to ask permission to take pictures of people and private possessions on private property. If the car was parked on the street it would not be a problem at all. If it parked in a garage or on private property it is best to seek permission.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If you go to France you might be surprised to find most bars don’t have any cognac available... Maybe it’s the same way over there with Gyeon? For all we know it’s considered the cheap stuff. Lol. J/k
    Actually, when I was in Korea I didn't have time to check out any of the shops that have detailing supplies because I didn't have transportation and didn't want to deal with Korean taxi drivers that don't understand any English. They know enough to get you to a hotel or restaurant or the airport but not some detailing shop in the suburbs. It makes sense, those shops are accessible by car and not public transportation. The rent is cheaper and overhead is lower. That's the only reason.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped and took a picture of a car the other day in the parking lot of Wally World... However it wasn’t because the car was nice, but because it was so ugly and I couldn’t believe it was right in front of me and I felt like I’d never see it again. Lol.

I thought it was a new version of a Citroen Ami 6.. It turned out to be a Nissan.

On my way out I saw the owner inside starting the car, [older white lady] I just smiled and thought “what were you thinking when you bought that car, lady”? Lol.

I don’t know what I would’ve said if she would’ve caught me taking a picture of it.. Knowing me I wouldn’t have been able to say anything but the truth and told her “oh I just had to take a picture because I’ve never seen a car this ugly in real life and I want to show it to some people”

I’m not a good liar, which in turn makes me brutally honest. I can’t help it. Japan - Superautobacslol.
    Wait...you've never seen a Juke before?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, this had me laughing and I thought the same thing. They've been in production since 2010! I even saw a NISMO version the other day. Now THAT is a rare car.

OK, back to a great discussion about the Asian detailing scene.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Not only had I never seen 1 before, I’ve never even heard of it. I know about the Nissan Leaf, but I didn’t know they made 1 even worse than that..

Post Thanks / Like

That’s so strange to not have seen a car made for all those years I even remember the commercials. I have seen multiple Nizmos around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    That’s so strange to not have seen a car made for all those years I even remember the commercials. I have seen multiple Nizmos around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There’s a little Chevy I never knew about until I went on their website 1 day. I had to go check it again just now because I had forgot the name... Chevy Spark. I had never known about that car and never seen 1 on the road. While checking their site just now I noticed another vehicle I’ve never heard of, Chevy Sonic.
    Like seriously, who buys those cars?

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a little Chevy I never knew about until I went on their website 1 day. I had to go check it again just now because I had forgot the name... Chevy Spark. I had never known about that car and never seen 1 on the road. While checking their site just now I noticed another vehicle I’ve never heard of, Chevy Sonic.
    Like seriously, who buys those cars?
    I've never seen a Spark or Sonic that wasn't a rental car. In some cities the rental car fleets are full of those little, miserable, penalty boxes (I've driven a Sonic). I've also seen them as fleet vehicles for parts stores, pharmacies, medical supply places, Domino Pizza, etc.

Supposedly there was a turbo'd Sonic RS that wasn't a bad little performer. I've only seen a couple on the road, and not for a long time.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I clicked hoping to see pictures of hot Japanese women.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Japan - Superautobacs

12. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast