autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canadian Distributors

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to order from E-shine so far. Evertime I need something I have a look at their site and it's never in stock. Would be nice if they kept inventory on the items, waiting a week or two for them to get the items is a real turn off for me. I have placed orders with Autogeek several times knowing that shipping would be insanelly expensive because I did not want to wait an extra 2 weeks.

This is not limited to E-Shine but from all the Canadian distributors they seems to be the worst. Last 3 orders I did they had none of the items I wanted in stock... pretty disapointing.
    i feel the need to chime in here. what specific items are you looking for in a canadian retailer to carry that you cant find. i cant imagine between the three that have been mentioned here that you cant find a single item. where one retailer may not carry something, im sure the other two mentioned would have it. tehre seems to be quite a diverse product supply.

It also seems that maybe your gripe isnt with the end retailer in Canada, but with the difficulty they may have in sourcing/importing from the major distributors. perhaps you could solve the problem and open your own store and invest the $50,000 in capital to get it off the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
    I think its important to understand that Canada is 1/10th the size of the US, and has 1/10th the market/sales/revenue at best. Expecting the same prices from E-Shine as AG is unfair to say the least. Even if AG opened stores in Canada, they would have to charge more. Its not about the distance, the boarder or shipping really, its about the market. Same reason gas is cheaper, and most retail items. Larger market.

I think its great that AG would post and even allow mention of Canadian Distributors. I also think E-shines prices are fair and competitive. Expecting the same price at the corner-store as Walmart isn't fair IMO
    ill focus on these two comments PlayDoh...

something else that never gets considered when comparing prices of goods in Canada is the cost of importation/shipping/US exchange rate/and duty rates.

You mentioned NAFTA. as far as pricing goes, NAFTA has an impact here....specifically that means goods MANUFACTURED not imported from USA and Mexico are duty free when imported to Canada. of course alot of goods are not fully manufactured in USA so those goods are subject to import duties when coming to Canada. for example, chinese/korean made towels is subject to 18.5% duty on the price paid plus GST (5%) to import (also any brokerage fees). then any machines/polishes made in Germany for example will carry a minimum 6.5% duty. so all that needs to be considered when you ask why something is so expensive in Canada.

Of course, right now, Canadians have a bit of buying power with reasonable rates, but the Canadian retailer will loose their competitiveness once that exchange rate goes back to the more realistic rates of 20%.

PLUS the cost of shipping goods in Canada is astronomical when compared to those by the same freight forwarders/couriers in Canada. what can ship from Florida to New York state for 60-80 dollars would easily cost 100-200 dollars from Toronto to Quebec for example.

anyhow food for thought on why some prices are usually higher in Canada to add to your supply/demand theory above.

as for why autogeek allows the mention of Canadian vendors, this i too am impressed with!
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like

The list of items that were not available anywhere in Canada without special order would be long but just off the top of my head:

M105 Gallon Size
    M205 Gallon Size
    D103 APC+ Gallon size
    D108 Super Degreaser Gallon Size
    D120 Glass Cleaner Gallon Size
    D151 Reconditioning Cream Gallon Size
    D156 X-Press Spray Wax Gallon Size
    D170 Hyper-Dressing Gallon Size
    Sanding disks for DA
    3M Headlight restoration kits
    Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light
    Standard 5" backing plate for DA (GG, Megs, PC)
    Standard 3" backing plate for DA (GG, Meg, PC)

The list is much longer than that, of the roughly 3000$ I spent in the last months at least half the items were not available in Canada without a special order. And I am not talking about exotc things either. I ordered what detailers here on AG were using as go to products for the various steps of detailing.

Now if your answer to me not being happy about having to wait 3 weeks for every order is: "open your own store and invest the $50,000 in capital to get it off the ground!" then I guess you don't want my business and it's duelly noted.

But in the meantime all Canadian retailers are stuck in a position where getting something quickly is almost impossible. Autogeek ships rather quickly, takes them a day or 2 from the date of order but of course shipping across the border is slow, usually takes a week or 2. And ordering locally is 2-3 weeks. So my guess is that the first distributor to actually get all the items in stock like Autogeek does with get all the Canadian business. I still order there despite paying more and I am sure I am not alone.

Post Thanks / Like

The list of items that were not available anywhere in Canada without special order would be long but just off the top of my head:

M105 Gallon Size
    M205 Gallon Size
    D103 APC+ Gallon size
    Sanding disks for DA

The list is much longer than that, of the roughly 3000$ I spent in the last months at least half the items were not available in Canada without a special order. And I am not talking about exotc things either. I ordered what detailers here on AG were using as go to products for the various steps of detailing.

Now if your answer to me not being happy about having to wait 3 weeks for every order is: "open your own store and invest the $50,000 in capital to get it off the ground!" then I guess you don't want my business and it's duelly noted.

But in the meantime all Canadian retailers are stuck in a position where getting something quickly is almost impossible. Autogeek ships rather quickly, takes them a day or 2 from the date of order but of course shipping across the border is slow, usually takes a week or 2. And ordering locally is 2-3 weeks. So my guess is that the first distributor to actually get all the items in stock like Autogeek does with get all the Canadian business. I still order there despite paying more and I am sure I am not alone.
    I sent you by pm a place you could get half of that in canada... and in stock...

Post Thanks / Like

Did not get the message.

Well won't need those for a while now

But thanks, I will take good note of it if you send it

Post Thanks / Like

M105 Gallon Size
    M205 Gallon Size
    D103 APC+ Gallon size
    Sanding disks for DA

i would check your stock again with your canadian suppliers...those items are in stock at the canadian suppliers listed in this thread....except D108 and d120...your statement that "The list of items that were not available anywhere in Canada without special order" is completely false and misleading.
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    i would check your stock again with your canadian suppliers...those items are in stock at the canadian suppliers listed in this thread....except D108 and d120...your statement that "The list of items that were not available anywhere in Canada without special order" is completely false and misleading.
    +1

My local autobody supply shop has almost everything on there

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best way to find out is to actually check with your dealer. They are the only ones that actually know what is in stock and what isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    Wow... not even gonna answer that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here is update about what I was talking about earlier.

Trimex Warehousing and Distribution, Inc.

From what I understand from my co-worker's explanation is that all you have to do is setup an account with them. When you order from the US you give their warehouse's location as the destination and the package is shipped there.

Once they receive it all you have to do is go pick it up and they charge you 3$ per box. I will need to contact them for more detailed info, their website is not too clear on charges and such but my friend has dealt with them several times and it's supposed to be pretty simple, easy and cheap. They are located a few miles (like 5 miles from what he tells me) from the Canadian border so it's very easy to get there and back if you live close to the border.

Will call them tomorrow and let you know more when I have info.

This service can be very useful both to detailers and Canadian distributors, if it can cut the shipping cost dramatically then all the better. UPS makes enough money without our business I say.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast