autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Australia Distributor

Not at all, it has international warranty and can be repaired even in some third world countries (if you have any Flex manual/warranty card have a look).
    That is good to hear. Just hope it works out for you in practice.

I bet this was Car Care Products, they are appalling ..
    No it wasn't CCP. I've never dealt with them.

ZAS is the Optimum distributor here, so you'd do well not going there.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a few people complain about both CCP and ZAS, but I'm yet to hear customer complaints about waxit (other than some products being a little high in price).

I've been speaking with Antonio the last couple of days in regards to ordering a concours 900 polisher and some other stuff and they seem to have their customer service down pat. While I still think some of the products at waxit are over-priced (probably due to them stocking items not many people buy), some of their prices for specific brands seem quite reasonable compared to AG.

Main thing I'll be getting in my order is this polisher kit:

Concours 900 Polisher - LC CCS 6.5" Pads & Menzerna Kit

For those who like the menzerna range you should check out the prices by waxit, I think they are much closer to AG than most people would expect considering other comparisons made in this thread.

Seeing as the polisher is out of stock I'll have to wait a little longer to make my car sparkle, hopefully they get to Australia soon!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Trillis,

looks great, good job. To get the best results its really about the best overall system for that particular paint system and defects you are attempting to correct.

We have worked hard to get the right systems for Euro Paints, Australian and US Paints and Asian paint systems and offer these in kits to suit.

I have found that if by using a Lake Country Foamed Wool for the major cutting and correction stage to be a benifit as it will generate less heat and allow you a little extra cut over foam cutting pads, generally also with less trace marks. You can tailor the desired cut level by stepping down in compound abrasive level, to stage where most cars can be a 2 step system. Always test your system on a panel first to find the best combination.

Remember all you Aussies, we are here to help. We try our hardest to provide the highest level of service to do justice to the top quality product we distribute for Autogeek.

Antonio

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Antonio, quick question for you that anyone else using the menzerna range would/may benefit from (anyone else feel free to chime in with the answer also).

If I have the following kit of menzerna products:

PG1000 - POWER GLOSS Cutting Compound
    PF2500 - POWER FINISH Light Cutting Compound
    UF5000 - ULTIMATE FINISH Ultra Fine Finishing Polish
    SWPROTECT Protective Paint Sealant

and I start with the PG1000, do I then use all of the rest of them (top to bottom), or do I skip the light cutting compound (PF2500)?

Also, how does the menzerna paint sealant hold up? I've noticed that you guys don't sell menzerna powerlock, is there a reason for that?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it depends on each individual paint type.

Do a test spot with just PG1000 followed by UF5000 - it should be all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magna_power View Post
    I've seen a few people complain about both CCP and ZAS, but I'm yet to hear customer complaints about waxit (other than some products being a little high in price).

I've been speaking with Antonio the last couple of days in regards to ordering a concours 900 polisher and some other stuff and they seem to have their customer service down pat. While I still think some of the products at waxit are over-priced (probably due to them stocking items not many people buy), some of their prices for specific brands seem quite reasonable compared to AG.

Main thing I'll be getting in my order is this polisher kit:

Concours 900 Polisher - LC CCS 6.5" Pads & Menzerna Kit

For those who like the menzerna range you should check out the prices by waxit, I think they are much closer to AG than most people would expect considering other comparisons made in this thread.

Seeing as the polisher is out of stock I'll have to wait a little longer to make my car sparkle, hopefully they get to Australia soon!
    I recently purchased the Concours polisher from Wax It (amongst other things) and can highly recommend it, also got the Menzerna sample kit for free. As far as CCP go I have purchased off them once and will never ever purchase off them again, very poor customer service and overpriced. Order was damaged when it arrived and wasn't really interested in helping me out.
    I have been buying off Wax It since Dave owned it in Brisbane and always been very happy with product and service.
    Thanks for the discount code Antonio

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Magna-Power,
    Without knowing the type of paint your are working and the degree of marring or paint defects you are looking to remove, it is very difficult to give you an accurate system to follow.

However, in saying that there are some guidelines which can assist you to find combination of pads and polish, using the least abrasive system to get the results your after.

I would start with a White LC pad and PF2500, if this didnt work, step up to orange pad and PF2500, if that didnt work, step up to orange pad and PG1000.

Depending on the marring left by the combination that worked best for you, would depend on what the step down combination would be. Using the same step up, step down technique try in a test area the best combination for you. ie UF5000 (this is PO85RD which is now changed codes to SF4500, the same as in the US) and Grey pad, from here step up to white and UF5000, from here, grey and PF2500 etc.

In regards to Menzerna Powerlock, this is product developed between Menzerna Germany and USA, however it is something we are looking into.

Menzerna Sealing Wax is a good product, however I have customers who prefer some of the Wolfgang DGS, Detailer's Pro Series Poli-coat (one of my new favourites by the way) and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran.

If your around, feel free to come past the Waxit Showroom and Warehouse and we can work out a plan together.

Regards

Antonio

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Antonio,

do you have any idea when you'll be running the workshop in Melbourne again (ie, after the one on the 23rd of June). I'm starting a new job on the 25th and think i'll be too busy finishing up other things to be able to make it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio@Waxit View Post
    No in Melbourne, but the next one will be Sydney, then Brisbane.
    When and where will you be running a workshop in Brisbane?

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys when are you restocking pinnacle souveran? been watching website waiting to order with no luck when i rang i was offered swissvax opaque as a replacement product which i found odd? shiney vs matt.....
    My signature is undergoing rebranding, stay put and wait for it.....wait for it..wait for i..ah heck it!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast