autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Australia Distributor

Quote Originally Posted by magna_power View Post
    I put this question to anyone, can you give me one good reason why I should buy from waxit when it will cost me more?
    Well I waited 48 hours for an answer, don't think you could ask more than that. Guess there isn't one, so I'll be buying from AG, which i'm happy to do

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Magma_power,

I appologise for my delay in response, our offices were broken into and laptops stolen. It has taken a few days to recover.

You have commented about the prices of Wolfgang however have you compared the prices between Australian retailers and American prices for Meguiars, Mothers, Makita, how about cars? The 2013 Audi RS5 has a USA price starting at $60000, in Australia it is $160000+.

If we were to sell some products we import, through our Parent Company AG Group Australia, at the prices they are sold locally we would not be able to stay in business. These are premium products, yet you want us to price them as a KMART brand.

At waxit we also offer an additional 12.5% discount on selected brands, for members of forums we sponsor, this includes Autogeek. When you add this discount to free shipping over $150, this can add up to 20%+ saving, which puts our pricing very close to the Autogeek Pricing. An this is when they are not on sale, this is everyday pricing.

I understand that I we will never be able to keep every customer happy with pricing, however there are things that we are doing to make it more affordable for you. We are investing in larger ranges of products within brands and holding more stock.

If I can assist with any other questions feel free to contact me direct.

Antonio Massari
    Waxit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio@Waxit View Post

At waxit we also offer an additional 12.5% discount on selected brands.
    Cool, I never knew this. I'm sure I've ordered from you in the past, could have saved me a few bucks haha. That would be handy if I order with you again in the future.

What's the discount code?
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cool, I never knew this. I'm sure I've ordered from you in the past, could have saved me a few bucks haha. That would be handy if I order with you again in the future.

What's the discount code?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

A 12.5% is a very good reason!!!! I'd be interested to know more about this, especially which brands this would apply to.

Additionally, I have done more in depth research into other products, and some seem to align more closely with prices by autogeek, which is also a good thing.

Maybe only your wolfgang products seem a bit too expensive, but I'd have to look at every item to really be able to state that.

Post Thanks / Like

12.5% is nothing compared to 100-200% margins they put on top the US prices. When you guys - Australian distributors sell Collinite 845 for $15 and not $35 (not to mention LC 6.5" pads for $25 etc), then we can talk, until then you will not win my business, period.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

then we can talk, until then you will not win my business, period.
    Danube, you’ve already stated that multiple times so I guess Antonio and the others have got the message. Not much point in over doing it.

I’m with you to a great degree as I do think our guys could reduce their prices and be more competitive, but quite obviously they think they are getting along fine with their pricing where it is. I really doubt you harping your point is going to change anything. Just shows there must be other reasons why some of us support the local guys.

I also do agree that some of Antonio’s points are weak. Shipping costs, import duties and custom charges, their 12.5% forum discount as compared to AG’s 10% forum discount, Ok much of that is mostly spin and we all know we can use freight forwarders to reduce shipping costs for the heavier items.

As a consumer I think you just need to get smarter and be “picky”. Buy from AG when it makes sense and buy from the Aussie guys when it doesn’t make sense to buy from AG. There are advantages both ways.

Using an example like Menz polishes and the Waxit prices look reasonable compared to AG, especially if you need it like today. But if you need Megs M105 or M205 or anything else Megs, well you’d be insane to purchase from the locals. Same goes for LC pads. Going to another extreme, the best wheel cleaner out there, Sonax Extreme is available at your local Repco shop or even AutoBarn at an even better price than AG.

But then again purchasing a polisher from the US like you did is just insane in my opinion. What are you going to do if your Flex rotary packs it in – ship it back to the US for repairs?

The one thing I will say for Waxit and Antonio is that their service, backup and advice is superb. As an example I purchased a DAS-6 from them and in 15 months they replaced/repaired it 6 times, plus gave me a loaner machine each time. I doubt that even AG could match that service level with a Porter Cable or a Groits machine. To top that off the last time it failed they replaced it with their own Concours 900, so now I have two Concours machines plus my Shinex rotary (which has never given me any problems). Even one of the Concours did a shaft and bearing and it was repaired while I waited, so their service is about as good as it can get.

Of course not all Aussie distributors provide the type or level of service that Waxit does, so it does depend on who you deal with here. Note that Antonio from Waxit has at least attempted to address your concerns – where are the other local guys?

Earlier this month, I purchased ONR from the Sydney distributor (you know who) and got completely ripped off. The gallon that was delivered was the old formula even though the new formula ONR was released last February. What really annoyed me was that he had a prior opportunity of informing me that he was unloading the old formula, but he chose not to. When I queried it after receiving it, he waffled on about order delays even though every other Optimum distributor throughout the world had stock of the new formula by then. To his credit he did offer that I could return the product, but the condition was I had to pay the freight both ways. As you can imagine that wasn’t financially viable. To top that off, the gutless wonder then had my IP address banned the same day from our Aussie forum Detail Paradise, as though it was his company’s forum.

You live and learn, but he can be assured that I’ve spent my last cent with his lousy company. Dr. G. should seriously rethink his Australian distributor in my opinion. It again, just goes to prove that a company such as Optimum, who provide outstanding products, can be so easily let down by their distributors and their support team.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't rate those Sydney guys you speak of either. On another forum which I belong to, they are so quick to put down Megs and any other brand they don't carry, by giving out erroneous information. It really gives me the shits. Plus, they're overpriced...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the head up about the Sydney guys and the positive feedback regarding waxit. As you said, some of the points may be weak but they are here. Although, we are still waiting on that mysterious code....

Also guys, for those Aussies interested, I've made a thread for just us (Calling all Aussies (problems and solutions thread)) which will hopefully be filled with problems/solutions to help all of us, so please come share the knowledge to noobs like myself.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi to all our Autogeek Friends,

Waxit Car Care, Waxit - Premium Car Care Australia, as an Australian Distributor of Autogeek and PBMG, would like to offer all Australian Autogeek & Autopia Forum Member a discount of 12.5% off all the PBMG, and many of the Autogeek & Waxit brand products.

Please use the Coupon Code AGSAVE and add your Autogeek Forum Username in the comments box.

This will give you a discount to the following brands;
    Wolfgang Concours Series
    Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
    Detailer's Pro Series
    Einszett
    Menzerna
    Lake Country
    Edge Pads
    CarPro
    Stoner
    Poorboy's
    Poly-lack
    P21S
    Lexol
    Grit Guard
    Duragloss
    Collinite
    Clay Magic
    Black Lightning Nitrile Gloves
    Aquatouch Microfibre
    Concours Brand (excluding Machines)

This discount is not applicable to:
    Machines
    Kits
    Collections
    Specials
    and brands not mentioned above.

On behalf of the team at Waxit Car Care, I thank you all for your continued support and look forward to talking to and meeting as many of you as possible.

Kind Regards

Antonio Massari
    Waxit Car Care
    Simplifing Detailing & Paint Correction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast