autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Australia Distributor

I've ordered from Waxit in the past and found the service and their knowledge to be impeccable.

Keep up the good work guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered one of these Concours 900 Polisher and have to say the machine is fantastic and very easy to use. Brian answered all my questions and items were shipped super fast
    Great service

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTY3 View Post
    I just ordered one of these Concours 900 Polisher and have to say the machine is fantastic and very easy to use. Brian answered all my questions and items were shipped super fast
    Great service
    Just got one of these with the menzerna samples myself,more than happy with it so far.Carpro trix is next on the wishlist not sure if they have it yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Antonio,

I've been looking on autogeek for some wolfgang products and see that you are the Australian distributor. I've been looking at items such as the Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz and the Wolfgang Total swirl remover.

I'm curious to know why the price differences are so great. There seems to be a mark up of over 70% on these items (as detailed below) even though the Australian dollar is so close to the American dollar at the moment (1AUD = 0.9852USD)

Detail Spritz $34.95 (AUD) and $19.99 (USD) giving 74.8% increase
    Totoal Swirl $59.95 (AUD) and $34.99 (USD) giving 71.3% increase

If you could explain this to me I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

As a distributor or reseller for Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Detailer's Pro Series and others, we have to take many things into consideration when setting pricing.

Firstly there are huge costs of shipping with port duties and customs. Secondly we have to ensure there is margin for reselling to smaller retailers and also to trade.

you also have to take into consideration that we have to hold this stock and pay for it up front also. Another consideration is their is also a brokerage fee in currency exchange. All these components add up.

We try to set a fair price, and offer the highest level of service available. Waxit has a flat rate shipping nationally of $12.5o with orders over $150 free nationally.

When you take that into consideration the price we have set is very fair.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe your service is good as stated previously by other members here, but I have a problem with your pricing regardless of the reasons you stated. You are not alone in this, look at the others in Australia such as zes, Car Care Products .. they'll never see my $$, or at least until they come up with competitive prices, but not with the rip-off they are offering now.

Cheers.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason any individual should buy from you is because it is cheaper to do so. This is what generally happens when an individual tries to buy a very small amount of products overseas and the shipping puts the price over the price they can find locally.

Unfortunately, you do not seem to offer this service to Australians, as I have found that me shipping a very small amount of products will only increase the price 50%, whereas you increase it but a much greater margin.

To me, the point of being a seller of products is to buy in bulk and save money on things such as shipping etc, which I'm sure you do and don't pay nearly the same % of the products you buy on shipping as I will have to. However, it doesn't seem like you pass on these savings.

The internet has made the marketplace a very global environment and Australians are sick and tired of paying more than they should.

Unfortunately, if you as a company (with you're increased buying power) are unable to supply products at prices less than an individual can source from overseas (including shipping) then individuals will eventually stop coming to you for products.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Australia Distributor

Magna Power, I understand exactly what you are saying & do agree with you but in my opinion the only reason things seem so cheap in America lately is the economy.
    Back when $1AUD was only worth $0.65USD, or there-abouts, things were much more equal.
    Now with our dollars almost on par we look at the USD as if it was our own.

You have to remember the average annual income in Australia is approx. $70,000 while, from a quick look, Americas average is currently around $45k-$55k, dependant on state, etc

This means that $100 (USD or AUD - it doesn't matter assuming dollar is on/near par) may be 10% of our wage but almost 20% of an Americans wage.
    e.g. A wax worth $60USD from AG but $100AUD locally is 10% of our wage & 10% of an Americans wage...

I still don't agree with some of our pricing but when you look at things like this it does make more sense.

Once the USD strengthens buying from the US won't be quite as tempting. Prices will still seem low to us but conversion rates & shipping will likely kill any savings.

Australian retailers could lower their prices to suit but who knows how long the current situation would last so if they were to do so then prices would be CONSTANTLY changing.
    As long as they don't jack the prices up even higher when the USD strengthens I can understand their pricing to a degree.

As I say, please don't take this as an attack against you as I was thinking much the same not long ago until I was reminded of the above & it started to make more sense.
    I do still agree there is some stupidly high profit margins going on sometimes though... (as I mentioned with Leatherique for example)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry neat e34, I don't take what you wrote as an attack, but I would like to forward some counter points.

1. Just because I may earn more does not mean I should pay more. Also, I may be no where near the $70,000 mark, i know someone working full time at coles/k-mart most likely isn't.

2. The dollar hit parity back in 2010 (October), so that's a year an a half up there, more than enough time to see some reductions in prices here. Even Apple changed their prices in the App Store to reflect this.

3. It's been a long time since the dollar was at 65 US cents, and it wasn't there for overly long. Over the past 5 years it's been above 80 most of the time, with the average probably being closer to 90 (not sure if i can post a link to a site but i'll try Australian Dollar (AUD) vs US Dollar (USD) - 5-years - Currency Chart).

All I can say is, if I'm already going online to buy something (most likely because it's cheaper than in a store) then I will buy from whoever is cheaper.

I put this question to anyone, can you give me one good reason why I should buy from waxit when it will cost me more?

Post Thanks / Like

As I said I still believe prices here are way too high, just thought this may help to explain it, even slightly.
    I'm not suggesting we are all on as much as $70k but that also means not all Americans are on as much as $50k...
    Minimum wage is as low as $5 per hour I believe!
    Also the numbers I gave were purely for example.

Apart from that I do agree with you (after all, I'm on here due to interest in AG as well as detailing in general...)
    Just looking at things from the other point of view.

Out of interest what part of Melbourne are you from?
    PM me if you like...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast