autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Detailing Daily Drivers for Dollars - A true professional detailer knows how to work on everything

Detailing Daily Drivers for Dollars - A true professional detailer knows how to work on everything

Our 3-day detailing classes cover pretty much every topic you can think of related to exterior and interior car detailing. The class is divided into different aspects of the car detailing industry. The most popular segments are paint polishing. I knew this 30 years ago because it's what I like to do. In fact - I've never met anyone that gets excited to clean carpets but I do meet people all the time that LOVE to polish paint. They love to do what I call,

Take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone -Mike Phillips

For the first part of the class we go over multiple step paint correction, polishing and sealing. In our 3-day classes you get to use around 15 different polishers, probably close to 17 or 18 - I'd have to go out and physically count how many different tools are staged for the upcoming class. This is also called,

Show Car Detailing

And the reason why is because you are performing multiple, dedicated processes to the paint, primarily,

1. Compounding
    2. Polishing
    3. Sealing - Sealing includes Carnauba waxes, Synthetic Sealants and Ceramic Paint Coatings (we cover all of these in our classes)

And the above doesn't include washing one of 4 different ways to wash a car, chemical decontamination and mechanical decontamination. These prep steps are normal steps for just about any type of detailing. It's the compounding, polishing and sealing steps that is where the major defects are removed and the paint is refined to show car status.

That's one type of detailing.

Daily Driver Detailing
    The other type of detailing is detailing daily drivers. This is the majority of the market. That is taking care of transportation cars and grocery getters. Nothing wrong with this type of detailing it just that it doesn't normally bring with it the glamour and bragging rights that come with detailing something cool or exotic. That said... it's a very specific type of detailing and I teach all types of secrets of the trade to do it right and do it fast.

For daily driver detailing, I bring in some of the most neglected daily drivers I can find to use them as teaching lessons. The reason why is because this is what you're going to come up against in the real world. So you learn it in our class and then you have the confidence to tackle these types of cars in your business or if you're not detailing cars for money, chances are good you'll have friends, family, neighbors and co-workers with severely neglected cars to detail.

Daily Driver Work Truck
    Here's our case study for this class. This is a daily driver work truck. It's a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and it's punished every day.

This is Scott, the owner

Headlights are in dire need of correction...

Scott said the brakes were recently rebuilt on his truck that's why you see fingermarks on the years of brake dust built-up on the wheels...

I've seen worse and I've seen better this is somewhere in-between and a great learning car for learning how to tackle neglected daily drivers.

Stay tuned... class is this weekend!

Next classes are in February, May and September - call customer care to reserve your seat 1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Daily Drivers for Dollars - A true professional detailer knows how to work on everything

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Daily Drivers for Dollars - A true professional detailer knows how to work on everything

Man I hope I can make the February class...no way can this boy handle may or September in Florida. In to see the results of this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed and liked!

Mike Phillips