autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Demo Cars for Detailing Boot Camp Class

Can't wait to work on those cars!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I did the class in September with Mike and Nick (AG Price guy).

All I can say is that Mike is by far the best instructor I have had the pleasure to work with, the 20 hours of class went by so fast. The info is a brain dump from Mike to everyone in the class. Buckle up and be ready for one very exciting weekend of learning proper technique and tools for the job at hand. I have never wanted to take a class/course over, but this is one that I would do again for sure!

Enjoy the wetsand, cut and buff on the 63 chevy and those floor mats and carpet on the taxi look like fun times with an extractor. Enjoy the time and buy Mike's book, I personally reference it often when I have a question about something I don't deal with on a daily bases.

Good luck and listen, watch and most important is jump in and practice on Mike's demo cars.

Mike Phillips

Hey Paul, thanks for the kind words... detailing cars and showing others how to detail cars is my passion in life...

Quote Originally Posted by Sailfish View Post

Good luck and listen, watch and most important is jump in and practice on Mike's demo cars.

Paul's right. The most important thing a person can do at one of these classes is to jump in head first and work with all the tools and products. Nick, Ray and I will do our best to make sure everyone stays busy but it's also up to each person to not be timid but step up to the plate and get your hands and mind busy.

Mike Phillips

And to update this thread for everyone I sent an e-mail to with the link to it...

The Panel Deliver and the Impala have arrived...

I'm going out to the classroom right now to start setting up all the different products you're going to use to work on these two cool cars.

We'll be tackling the Interior Detail on the Airport Van on Sunday as well as Engine Detailing.

Mike Phillips

For all the people in this industry that I sent the link to this thread...

Here's a few pictures from the last few hours of setting up...

Adding fresh water to the Mytee Lite II

Cycling water through to heat up both the water and the water line...

I tape the handle so I can do something else while the water heats up...

IF you don't circulate the water before using the line will be cold and your initial water coming out of the extractor will be cold.

Filling up the Aztec...

Heating up the water...

Cycling the water to pre-heat the water line...

Here's all the tools we'll be using to sand down the 1963 Impala... Rental cars, hoods, cookie sheets area all good and I've used all of these over the years but nothing trumps a classic or streetrod for hands on training and real-world experience, not to mention fun!

After sanding everyone that attends will be cutting the sanding marks out using the new Meguiar's M100 Pro Speed Compound with rotary buffers and wool pads.

Oh and "yes" this is a SS model, never mind the swirls to the right, we'll be removing these...

We're going to wash this Impala using the Nanoskin Wash Mitts and then decontaminate using IronX.

For the Panel Delivery we're going to decontaminate using Nanoskin Autoscrub pads on a variety of DA Polishers...

Then we're going to use Flex 3401's with Hybrid pads in both 5" and 6.5" with Pinnacle polishes and then machine wax...

Back out to the garage to set-up for convertible tops, interior detailing and using Microfiber Pads with the new SONAX Fine Abrasive Paste and Nano Polish to shine up the Airport Van.

Mike Phillips

Ready to go...

Class is all set up and ready to go... Donuts will be fresh and coffee will be hot. Cold drinks and pizza for lunch and a lot of fun and learning over the next two days.

See everyone in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Ready to go...

Class is all set up and ready to go... Donuts will be fresh and coffee will be hot. Cold drinks and pizza for lunch and a lot of fun and learning over the next two days.

See everyone in the morning!

Mike

I hate that I am going to miss this one. My trial schedule has been crazy. This real job is getting in the way. I know you are going to have a blast and everyone will learn a lot. For anyone out there who has never been to one of your classes, I can say without reservation that it is well worth the trip from wherever you are. Have fun and hope to catch you in May.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Mike

I hate that I am going to miss this one. My trial schedule has been crazy. This real job is getting in the way. I know you are going to have a blast and everyone will learn a lot. For anyone out there who has never been to one of your classes, I can say without reservation that it is well worth the trip from wherever you are. Have fun and hope to catch you in May.

It's always a pleasure to have you at our classes Robert, working on some cool new things for every class and that includes the class coming up in May.

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say about the class is that it kicks ass, one day down and one to go, Mike is an excellent teacher and a wealth of information. The guy is like a walking book on detailing and knows how to do everything a 110 percent. He definitely pours his heart and soul into it, and all the hands on with the equipment is also a big plus including new products we got to use. Nick and Ray were very helpful and informative, and were always there to help you out at anytime. Glad I took the class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12