autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Training Cars for the September 2018 3-Day Boot Camp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Training Cars for the September 2018 3-Day Boot Camp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

September 28th, 29th & 30th

As I normally do, this is a thread I create to share the cars that will be here for the class to work on over the course of the 3-day class. For these three day classes we need

6 cars on Friday
    6 cars on Saturday
    3 cars on Sunday

As I confirm cars for this class I will add them below.

Black Maserati

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302

1933 Ford 3-Window Coupe Streetrod

1955 Ford Crown Victoria STREET ROD
    With BASECOAT/CLEARCOAT Paint System

1965 Corvette

Just confirmed this 1965 Corvette Stingray for the September class. This car has a MODERN BASECOAT/CLEARCOAT paint job just like the Ford or Honda in your garage or driveway.

Just pointing this out to show that even though you get to work on cool cars and muscle cars at our classes, they normally have modern paint just like you'll be working on when you return to the real world after the class.

So you "learning experience" is genuine as it relates to working on the type of cars most detailers work on most of the time.

(People on Facebook always ask me about single stage paint on cool cars, I guess they don't understand that most cars are RE-PAINTED)

Here she is,

1970 Nova

1964 Chevy Pickup

1970 Chevy Malibu

This car is going to be a challenge.... the paint is in absolutely HORRIBLE condition! This is also a recent Barn Find, actually storage unit find. This car has 41,000 original miles. It's never been apart.

Florida

1959 Rambler American Super 2-Door

The swirl shot didn't come out very good as the sun was still very low in the sky when I took this shot but from my inspection, this car is completely swirled-out.

This is a recent car acquired by the Elliot Museum for display and they are happy to let Autogeek perfect!

1957 Chevy Bel Air wit Fuel Injection
    Very cool car that needs a lot of correction work.

1965 Lemans Convertible

1968 Mercedes-Benz AMG 230

This Mercedes-Benz is very rare and it also has single stage paint. This provides the full spectrum of the different challenges you run into when you leave this class to go back into the real world to detail cars.

With my SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light you can easily see this paint is in horrible condition.

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes JKDesign, FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for the September 2018 3-Day Boot Camp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Mike, you always get the coolest cars to work on.

I wouldn't mind taking the class again just to work on those cars!

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for the September 2018 3-Day Boot Camp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

***Update***

Just added a black Maserati to the list of cars for this class next week.

At this time I don't have any more information except it's all swirled-out.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

The 1927 Tall T is not going to be ready in time for the class. The good news is I have a cool replacement. This is a 1957 Ford Thunderbird with a custom paint job that is about 3 months old.

Find another car detailing class anywhere on Earth where you get hands-on time with so many "real-world" cars.

Autogeek - where all the action's at!

6. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just called all my car buddies bringing cars for this class. So far I have confirmation for all cars except the 1955 Ford Crown Victoria and the Lamborghini.

Should have updates on the Crown Vicky and the Lambo by tonight or tomorrow.

Stay tuned....

Oh yeah.... this class is SOLD OUT!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

This Lamborghini was just freshly painted, not all of the car but a few body panels. I've been told it needs wetsanding and of course, a show car finish. Should find out by tomorrow if it can be here for the class.

9. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an amazing line up of vehicles for this class.

Couldn't have asked for a better one. I'm so excited for this hands on experience.

Looking forward to meeting you Mike and my fellow classmates.

Going to be a great time.

See you guys Friday!

11. Likes firecorgi liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 1957VwBeetle View Post

Looks like an amazing line up of vehicles for this class. Couldn't have asked for a better one.

I'm so excited for this hands on experience. Looking forward to meeting you Mike and my fellow classmates.

Going to be a great time.

See you guys Friday!

I agree.

We have 9 people flying in from other states to attend this class, to me that shows TRUST in Autogeek's name and my name.

1. West Virginia – 950 miles one way
    2. Mississippi – 800 miles one way
    3. Missouri – 1,200 miles one way
    4. California – 2,800 miles one way
    5. Maryland – 1000 miles one way
    6. Maryland – 1000 miles one way
    7. Ohio – 1,100 miles one way
    8. Alabama – 600 miles one way
    9. Texas – 1,400 miles one way

That's a total of 10,850 miles one way or 21,700 miles to get here and then go home. Plus airfare, hotels, rental cars and meals on the road PLUS most people put in a healthy order of the tools, pads and products they found they liked best after all the hands-on.

So "yes" I appreciate everyone's trust as does everyone here at Autogeek and from the time you arrive to the time you leave we will provide a first class experience.

13. Likes firecorgi liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Update***

The 1955 Ford Crown Victoria has arrived....

I think the 1957 Chevy Bel Air Fuel Injection is coming next....

Stay tuned...

15. Likes Diner liked this post