autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Grocery Getter in the house! Classes are always February, May and September - Consistency

Grocery Getter in the house! Classes are always February, May and September - Consistency

The first car for our February 2018 3-Day Detailing Class is in the house! Err.... in the garage

This is my buddy Luc's 1963 Dodge Coronet Stationwagon with a 446 Cubic Inch MAXWEDGE engine with dual carbs and a 4-speed on the floor. This is a Bob Repine Tribute car.

Those that invested their time, travel and money in us to take this class will get to train on this car.

1963 Dodge Coronet Stationwagon Streetrod

Here you can see the 4-speed floor shifter.

Note the speedometer goes to 120 miles per hour. Have to get the groceries home QUICK!

Ah yes.... the groceries...

Class starts this Friday at 7:30am SHARP!

Mores cars to come!

2. Likes Aaryn NZ, SNP209, ronkh57, rangerbay, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grocery Getter in the house! Classes are always February, May and September - Consistency

Not quite my style, but I can appreciate ANY fine automobile such as this. WOW, that thing looks to be in excellent shape.

Mike Phillips

Re: Grocery Getter in the house! Classes are always February, May and September - Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Not quite my style, but I can appreciate ANY fine automobile such as this.

Copy that...

I try to have a wide variety of cools cars here and most important HUGE cars so everyone gets TONS of hands-on time. There's no sitting in a chairs in my classes....

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

WOW, that thing looks to be in excellent shape.
    That engine is p-o-w-e-r-f-u-l-l !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shakes the air around when it's idling....

We have another air shaker coming in tomorrow!

Cool cars for this class!

5. Likes Renozx12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

What a cool looking wagon! Pretty sure I have never seen one before but I dig it. I like the unique less popular cars that weren’t such a hit like the 55, 56, 57 Chevy variants, or the likes of the Chevelles, Mustangs, Impalas. Don’t get me wrong, I like them too but sometimes the lesser popular ones have some really nice styling ques or in some cases we’ll just settle for calling them “unique” in style.

Very cool Mike.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, what a special treat for your class amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Cool car to detail, not your run of the mill 69' Camaro or 57' Chevy! Can't wait to see the finished product, maybe detail the white lettered tires off of it to add to the "sleeper" look, just a thought =================
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Are most of these muscle cars you train on single stage paint?

Bill

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post

Are most of these muscle cars you train on single stage paint?

Bill
    No - 99.9% have modern basecoat/clearcoat paint systems.

I would never have majority of cars in a “training class” that had single stage paint - it wouldn’t be very meaningful for when they leave and return to work on cars on the real world.

Besides my own requirements for training cars - most of the cars I bring in are high dollar cars and that means the have been repainted and repainted using modern technology.

Good question - thank you for asking. And yes - the grocery getter has a modern basecoat/clearcoat paint system.