autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Do you know the name Dan Gurney?

Do you know the name Dan Gurney?

He is one of the most famous and accomplished race car drivers to ever sit behind the steering wheel...

Dan Gurney

1962 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Dan Gurney in a John Zink Trackburner with a rear-mounted Boeing turbine engine.

Dan Gurney Special - Training Car for the February 3-Day Detailing Class

I'll share some info about him down below but for everyone attending the February 3-day detailing class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida, you're going to be working on a real and rare Dan Gurney Special in this class. You're actually going to be prepping it for the 2018 Boca Raton Concourse d'Elegance!

Thank you for your trust
    I would like to personally thank Mark Pieloch, the owner of this car and the American Muscle Car Museum for trusting us with this rare gem to prep for the Boca Raton Concourse d'Elegance. I would also like to thank Ed Dedick, the Operations and Restoration Manager for bringing this car from Melbourne, Florida to Stuart, Florida and also for signing up for and attending this class along with Jerry Frye, the Restoration Technician at the American Muscle Car Museum for also signing up for and attending the February class.

Here's the car...

1969 Cyclone Spoiler II Fastback - Dan Gurney Special

Details

• 1 of 218 Dan Gurney Specials
    • Documented with original window sticker & build sheet
    • Frame-up restoration
    • Numbers matching car

From Wikipedia

Dan Gurney
    Daniel Sexton Gurney (born April 13, 1931) is a retired American racing driver, race car constructor, and team owner who reached racing's highest levels starting in 1958.

The son of a Metropolitan Opera star, he was born in Port Jefferson, New York, but moved to California as a teenager.

Gurney won races in the Formula One, Indy Car, NASCAR, Can-Am, and Trans-Am Series. Gurney is the first of three drivers to have won races in Sports Cars (1958), Formula One (1962), NASCAR (1963), and Indy Car (1967) (the other two being Mario Andretti and Juan Pablo Montoya).

In 1967, after winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans together with A. J. Foyt, he spontaneously sprayed champagne while celebrating on the podium. As owner of All American Racers, he was the first to put a simple right-angle extension on the upper trailing edge of the rear wing. This device, called a Gurney flap, increases downforce and, if well designed, imposes only a relatively small increase in aerodynamic drag. At the 1968 German Grand Prix he became the first driver ever to use a full face helmet in Grand Prix racing.

More info here about Dan Gurney here

Dan Gurney

You can get more info about this car on the AmericanMuscleCarMuseum.com website here

1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Fastback Dan Gurney Special

To sign-up for this class call Andre at,

1-800-869-3011 x244

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you know the name Dan Gurney?

Love me some wickerbill;
    Thanks, Mr. Gurney!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

A A RDo you know the name Dan Gurney?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Mercury!

That Boeing turbine powered Indy car looks like it would awesome to see, or maybe even neater to hear it fire up and rev to crazy rpm’s!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Do you know the name Dan Gurney?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I had a real, (not a tribute car), 1970 AAR Cuda at my September Detailing Class here for the students to train on....

Show Car Garage BUSTING open at the seams! 9 of 13 cars for this weekends detailing class!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.