autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

RUPES Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

RUPES Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

RUPES BigFoot Polishing Systems!

On Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd, Jason Rose the Global Director of Training for RUPES and Mike Phillips the Director of Training for Autogeek will be the instructors for two hands-on detailing classes here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage in Stuart, Florida!

DATES

Saturday 7:30am to 5:30pm - Introduction to machine polishing featuring RUPES BigFoot

Sunday 7:30am to 5:30pm - Advanced Machine Polishing featuring RUPES BigFoot

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
    7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Directions

Registration

Class fee: $500.00 each day with $125.00 Autogeek Store Credit for purchase of RUPES tools and/or products

Both days: $950.00 with $250.00 Autogeek Store Credit for purchase of RUPES tools and/or products

Click here to sign-up online

Or call Andre to sign-up over the phone

1-800-869-3011 x244

More info...

Saturday Class - Introduction to machine polishing featuring RUPES BigFoot

This class is intended for all experience and skill levels to learn the RUPES Paint Polishing System.

Topics include,

1. Vehicle prep
    2. Vehicle inspection and evaluation
    3. RUPES BigFoot Polishing Systems
    4. RUPES Pad Options
    5. RUPES compounds, polishes and sealant options
    6. Three polishing movements and RUPES systems

Hands-on portion

1. Pad priming
    2. Pad cleaning
    3. Test spot
    4. Technique
    5. Procedure

Sunday Class - Topcoat sanding and advanced machine polishing featuring RUPES BigFoot Polishing Systems

Prerequisite for this class is A or B

A: Take the Saturday class - Introduction to machine polishing featuring RUPES BigFoot

B: Provide a "Certificate of Completion" from a recognized RUPES detailing class signed by a recognized Instructor

Topics include,

1. Vehicle prep
    2. Hand sanding techniques
    3. Machine sanding techniques
    4. Three polishing movements and systems
    5. Efficient sanding mark removal
    6. Creating hologram and swirl free results
    7. Final step to a show car finish
    8. Polishing to expectations: Show Car Results, Express Detailing or Maintenance Detailing

Hands-on portion

1. Vehicle and pre-paint prep for hand and machine sanding
    2. Hand sanding techniques
    3. Machine sanding techniques
    4. How to use the RUPES LH 19E Rotary Polisher
    5. How to use the RUPES BIGFOOT MILLE LK 900E - Gear Driven Dual Action Polisher
    6. Final finishing steps and sealing the paint
    7. Questions & Answers
    8. Certificate Award Ceremony

Sign-up early!

This class size will be small so you will receive personalized teaching, it is first come first served so if you are interested please call soon!

1-800-869-3011

Mike Phillips and Jason Rose

Mike Phillips

Re: RUPES Paint Correction & Polishing Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

***Update***

Everyone attending the RUPES Paint Correction and Polishing Class will receive the below RUPES Goodie Kit!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Paint Correction & Polishing Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Nice work guys.

This would be a very cool class to be at, & you just know there will be tonnes of information to take away with you. I say a "must do" class for anyone close enough to make it.

Wow! I do like a Lincoln. There's something kinda non-mainstream suave about them & this one is no different. Okay, maybe a bit different because of the paint but that'll be sorted. A sexy car indeed.

I for one am excited about this class, & I look forward to seeing the photos from it. Enjoy.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Nice work guys.

This would be a very cool class to be at, & you just know there will be tonnes of information to take away with you. I say a "must do" class for anyone close enough to make it.

Wow! I do like a Lincoln. There's something kinda non-mainstream suave about them & this one is no different. Okay, maybe a bit different because of the paint but that'll be sorted. A sexy car indeed.

I for one am excited about this class, & I look forward to seeing the photos from it. Enjoy.

Aaryn NZ.

Thanks for chiming in Aaryn,

I agree - this will be a class that sets the bar incredibly high.

It's challenging to get a car that actually needs wetsanding for a class. Has to do with timing...

Post Thanks / Like

Dang...Wish I could attend this and meet Jason!

Being in December---bunch of presents for the kids and our grandchildren plus a major trip to Calif for a family wedding right after the Holidays!

I know it's a long shot but if you can, share this with him and see what is his take on this---Post number 36 and post number 38. (Rupes Blue/blue and then switched to UHS and gray pads and finished off with white pads and Diamond ultra fine polish)

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-auburn-4.html

Looking for forward to the results on the MarkII...!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

I have the complete Rupes system, book, machines,polishes,pads and have signed up for both days! I have used all of my Rupes machines knowing i have just scratched the surface in regards to their full potential in my hands.I am ready to learn from the experts and consider this to be a great opportunity. Who else has signed up?

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post

I have the complete Rupes system, book, machines,polishes,pads and have signed up for both days!
    Very cool. I'm looking forward to meeting you especially since your a regular member on this forum.

I have used all of my Rupes machines knowing i have just scratched the surface in regards to their full potential in my hands.

I am ready to learn from the experts and consider this to be a great opportunity.
    Jason and I both have in our history starting out in this industry as detailers, not trainers or sales managers, so our teaching style is similar in that we've both been there and done that.

Who else has signed up?
    I heard yesterday there were only 2 spaces left for the Saturday class, not sure how many for the Sunday class.

I've contacted Andre and asked him to send me a list of everyone that is signed up for both days and today or tomorrow I hope to send out my normal "Welcome & Important Information" e-mail that I send to everyone that attends a class here and also anyone that attends the roadshow car detailing classes I teach.

Excited to meet you and work with you...

9. Thanks wing commander thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

***Update***

I'm sorry to announce that the 1956 Continental scheduled for Sunday for the class on wet sanding is no longer available. I was told it was involved in an accident and will not be back on the road in time for this class.

Currently I'm working on a replacement car and as soon as I have a car confirmed I will share pictures.

Sorry to hear but this classic car with a custom basecoat/clearcoat paint job with extreme orange peel has been involved in an accident.

11. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Mike I have a question for you. We have a very similar understanding when it comes to rotary polishers. That's why I need your opinion. My DeWalt rotary is no longer functional now and LH19 is available here in Germany. Are you recommend the new RUPES over Flex PE 14-2? I haven't used LH 19 and I will buy one of them. Some people said to me, considering LH 18 ENS, RUPES was little bit beaten by Flex due to noise and torque. Also I liked the way Flex managed that much of torque, stable speed and low noise. If that is changed I'll go ahead and buy LH19 ASAP.
    Thank you have a nice day.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonguard View Post

ello,
    Mike I have a question for you. We have a very similar understanding when it comes to rotary polishers. That's why I need your opinion.

My DeWalt rotary is no longer functional now and LH19 is available here in Germany.

Are you recommend the new RUPES over Flex PE 14?
    I have not used the new RUPES polishers. So I don’t have a real-world opinion based upon real-world experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast