autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Paint Correction & Polishing Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Very cool class. Would have considered it if it was at a different time and I lived a bit closer to sunny Stuart lol. The 500 dollar fee is not bad at all with the store credit and Rupes gift bag. Plus the invaluable skills to be learned from both Mike and Jason.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Paint Correction & Polishing Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

I have attended detailing classes conducted by both Mike and Jason, and I cannot think of two better guys to learn from!

RamAirV1

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post

I have attended detailing classes conducted by both Mike and Jason, and I cannot think of two better guys to learn from!

RamAirV1

Thank you for the compliment towards both Jason and I.

If my memory is correct, you and I have been forum friends since the time I brought up the Meguiar's discussion forum, MeguiarsOnline.com back in 2004? That would be 13 years now going on 14 years.

Thank you for taking the time to chime-in.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

There are still a few spaces open for this class.

Call customer care to find out and/or sign up.

1-800-869-3011 x244

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thank you for the compliment towards both Jason and I.

If my memory is correct, you and I have been forum friends since the time I brought up the Meguiar's discussion forum, MeguiarsOnline.com back in 2004? That would be 13 years now going on 14 years.

Thank you for taking the time to chime-in.

You're very welcome! We go back a little bit before that on the LS1 F Body forums. I attended your Indy detailing class just not too long after I got my GTO. It is living a happy life as a garage queen and my daily driver is a Granite Crystal Dodge Charger Scat Pack. I also attended Jason's class in Evansville IN.

Looking forward to seeing the writeup on this class!

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

Well just arrived back from a class I should have attended 2 years ago! It is not possible to put in words the difference between YouTube and a live hands on with two world class instructors standing over your shoulder. Mike and Jason really answered every question I had and showed every method that I was unsure of. This class was better than 1,000 hours of Youtube instruction could ever provide. Thank you Mike for under promising and over delivering.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post

Well just arrived back from a class I should have attended 2 years ago!

It is not possible to put in words the difference between YouTube and a live hands on with two world class instructors standing over your shoulder. Mike and Jason really answered every question I had and showed every method that I was unsure of. This class was better than 1,000 hours of Youtube instruction could ever provide.

Thank you Mike for under promising and over delivering.

And thank you Glen for attending the class.

I remember stating that Jason Rose would be doing a "brain dump" at the beginning of the class on Saturday morning and I think by the end of the class on Sunday I was completely vindicated!

We really had a great group of people for this class but I've noticed over the years that our classes always attract high caliber people.

We're shooting RUPES videos all day but sometime this week I'll post the pictures from the class in a new, dedicated pictures and comments thread.

8. Thanks wing commander thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have not used the new RUPES polishers. So I don’t have a real-world opinion based upon real-world experience.

Sorry for late response.

I've been playing with the rotary for few days on some of my neighbors cars.

Absolutely recommend this rotary polisher. It won't slow down at low rpm (it does operate around 100 rpm as advertised, you can't lock it to 100 it's adjusted from the trigger), downside is when you go over 1200 rpm pressure changes the speed slightly. The speed change is lower than both DeWalt and Makita. So it is quite powerful.

Here's a photo from my garage. Also to mention, this might be overkill for an enthusiast.
    RUPES Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!-img_8931-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Class with Jason Rose and Mike Phillips - December 2nd and 3rd - at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

I was wondering whats up with the class! Would have loved to meet Jason.

Will follow this thread---interested what Jason has to say re Rupes.

tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12