autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

Anyone that has the opportunity to do this, I highly recommend it. First off, the IDA was established to support and promote detailers.

If you don't think this is important, my wife had a client of her business who had a stable of cars.

She told him about our detailing business and the first question he asked was "Now before, I let him (me) look at any of my cahs, is he (me) certified, or is there some formal thing he's been through?" <spoken in a deep/thick North East Italian style Boston accent>

My wife answered; "Yes he has".

Secondly you'll feel a sense of pride and accomplishment of achieving recognition in the industry that is near and dear to our hearts.

Thirdly, what better way to spend a day? Hanging out with Mike Phillips at Autogeek!!! That in and of itself is one of the most memorable and fond memories I'll take of the whole experience.

Lastly, for those that state they can't afford to go... there are ways around this. Go Fund Me is one. Here is how I did it. My wife had SkyMiles, I had enough to get a round trip ticket from Manchester NH to West Palm Beach Florida, with an additional $12.00 fee... So flight = $12.00

Because I travel a lot, I have Marriott points... Two nights at the cheapest Marriott (I think it was a Springfield Suite about 30 minutes north of AG) was completely covered by points.

Also, because I'm a Hertz Gold member my car was $30.00 for two days. And we used the rental car for the Skills Evaluation.

All in all, the trip cost $72.00 excluding food... And I ate salads! I even got Mike to eat a salad!

And lastly, Mike gave us an awesome project to work on. Damp Sanding (scuff-n-buff) and polishing a 1948 Willies Jeepster.

Those that are on the fence, just go do it!!!

Paul_G www.lsnautodetail.com IDA CD-SV

Post Thanks / Like

I took advantage of getting my IDA-SV certification after the training class. Hopefully the demand for this testing will continue. I know Mike is beat after three days of detailing class so I know it is extra work on his part to do the testing. Thank you Mike for taking the time to make this Skills Validation test a possibility.

Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post

I took advantage of getting my IDA-SV certification after the training class. Hopefully the demand for this testing will continue.

I know Mike is beat after three days of detailing class so I know it is extra work on his part to do the testing. Thank you Mike for taking the time to make this Skills Validation test a possibility.

It's no big deal... I value the IDA and its members raising the respect and professionalism of the detailing profession.

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

4. Thanks jlettiere thanked for this post
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

***Bump***

The links in the first post of this page have been updated as the IDA has a brand new website and thus all the links changed.

https://the-ida.com/

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12