autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing 102 - Wetsanding, Cutting and Buffing for a Show Car Finish - Sunday January 30th

$150.00 for the class is Cheap!
    As the Information that Mike will show you hands on is priceless!

When I took the class from Meguiars that Mike hosted several people FLAKED out and did the no show and were rude during the class where as when you PAY for the information one will be there to learn

Mike had a Black rental car on the color sanding/buffing class that was worked over from careless car washes and was NEVER detailed When the class finished the car the results were Unreal!

I hope that you offer classes after the Holidays as I will sign up..Once settled in Florida

Mike has helped me on my 1950s Pedal Car that had Resin spilled on it ...Perfect results!
    Polishing out defects on my Smart Cars and The First class from Meguiars that started the classes on detailing ...Thanks Mike!

Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing 102 - Wetsanding, Cutting and Buffing for a Show Car Finish - Sunday January 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cummins View Post

I hope that you offer classes after the Holidays as I will sign up..Once settled in Florida
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to Florida!

Mike has helped me on my 1950s Pedal Car that had Resin spilled on it ...Perfect results!

I remember that car, that was a lot of fun... all the way back to 2006

Photos Courtesy of MeguiarsOnline

Polishing out defects on my Smart Cars
    That was a fun one too... weren't you one of the first people on the West Coast to privately import one of these cars before they became available via dealerships?

and The First class from Meguiars that started the classes on detailing ...Thanks Mike!
    And that would be the MercedesShop.com class on Saturday, August 31st 2002

SoCal MercedesShop, Meguiar's Detailing Day In August

vBulletin was still *new* software back then and this was the first class at Meguiar's coordinated via a discussion forum and it was also the little snowball that rolled down the hill and get bigger and bigger to the success it is today.

Thanks for the memories Mark and the kind words and hope to see you here at our Studio into the future.

Post Thanks / Like

$150.00 for the class is Cheap!
    As the Information that Mike will show you hands on is priceless! ...Thanks Mike!
    I don't think $150.00 is exactly cheap for a one day group class but, it is for serious people who want to learn an in-depth serious practice. The practical experience will also be invaluable. I just hope it will not be too large and that all of us can get some hands on experience. I am paid up and have rez at the Marriott, anxiously awaiting.

Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Really considering the 101 and 102 classes. It will be an 11hr drive down from NC. any good deals the marriott provides for the AG class? $129 a night seems high(to me anyways).

My wife wants to travel down with me as well. I need to find something for her to do while I'm soaking up the knowledge during the two days of class. We are planning on driving down Friday and driving back Monday.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post

Really considering the 101 and 102 classes. It will be an 11hr drive down from NC. any good deals the Marriott provides for the AG class? $129 a night seems high(to me anyways).
    We have a corporate deal with Marriotts, Meghan is checking on it right now...

I reserved a Friday and Saturday night for DetailFest and the total with taxes came to $218.79

I'm pretty sure the same will apply for forum members attending our classes. We'll update when we confirm.

Mike Phillips

Really considering the 101 and 102 classes. It will be an 11hr drive down from NC. any good deals the marriott provides for the AG class? $129 a night seems high(to me anyways).

Meghan has worked out a special pricing deal available to our forum members traveling to Stuart for any of our events or classes.

Our Special Price is $99.00 a night but you MUST enter our code when making room reservations online.

Our Rate Code is Rate Code is PBME if signing up online

I've been told if you've reserved rooms at the Marriott but did not give them the special code, you can contact Debbie, (our contact person at Marriott), and she can process the change to the lower reservation price.

Click here to e-mail Debbie

Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike and Meghan! I will prob get signed up for both classes by Monday. Already got to time off for work. See you guys in about a month! Have a Merry Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

just signed up for both classes!

Mike Phillips

just signed up for both classes!
    Cool.

I guarantee you'll learn a lot and have a great time!

I like the Saturday Night Social after the class, it's casual and fun getting to know fellow forum friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Cool.

I guarantee you'll learn a lot and have a great time!

I like the Saturday Night Social after the class, it's casual and fun getting to know fellow forum friends.

Cant wait!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast