autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: IDA - CD and SV Certification Testing Classes at Autogeek - December 2017

Congratulations to the class. Also thanks to AutoGeek for making this possible.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: IDA - CD and SV Certification Testing Classes at Autogeek - December 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post

I don't get it. what has the IDA actually done for the detailing industry?
    I think Mike Phillips hit the nail on the head in his response as far as our code of ethics and what the IDA is doing for our industry.

I would add that networking is a key factor in operating a business as well as being a technician. The IDA offers a wide range of professionals from beginners to masters that you can network with and create valuable relationships with worldwide. The monthly webinars are extremely informative and offer huge insight to what is trending in our industry as well as giving educational tools at the click of a mouse to help develop your business.

The IDA certification is something that gives your customer the benefit of knowing that you take your craft seriously and understand the basic knowledge to work as a professional. The IDA is changing the game as far as professionalism and standards in our industry by providing us with resources we otherwise would have to hunt for and hopefully find.

The IDA does not make you a professional, it does not give you skill, it does not boost your sales (you have to do that) but it does give you the ability to network with the people in our industry that can help you get there.

It is an association of detailers, suppliers, educators and business professionals that unite for the greater good of our wonderful industry.

3. Likes Dano shine, carbonfibre liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDetail View Post

I think Mike Phillips hit the nail on the head in his response as far as our code of ethics and what the IDA is doing for our industry.

I would add that networking is a key factor in operating a business as well as being a technician. The IDA offers a wide range of professionals from beginners to masters that you can network with and create valuable relationships with worldwide. The monthly webinars are extremely informative and offer huge insight to what is trending in our industry as well as giving educational tools at the click of a mouse to help develop your business.

The IDA certification is something that gives your customer the benefit of knowing that you take your craft seriously and understand the basic knowledge to work as a professional. The IDA is changing the game as far as professionalism and standards in our industry by providing us with resources we otherwise would have to hunt for and hopefully find.

The IDA does not make you a professional, it does not give you skill, it does not boost your sales (you have to do that) but it does give you the ability to network with the people in our industry that can help you get there.

It is an association of detailers, suppliers, educators and business professionals that unite for the greater good of our wonderful industry.

Nicely stated! And wow, first post!

Welcome to AGO!

Post Thanks / Like

First welcome to the forum Art. As always you speak great words, so hard to follow up (ok so we know each other). Between Mike and Art they have about covered it.
    Anyway the IDA also provides mentors to help you grow. I have to admit I have been lacking at contacting my mentor, but they are available. After my first year in the IDA did I think it was worth it? YES
    Congrats to those that tested and for Autogeek for hosting this great opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures: IDA - CD and SV Certification Testing Classes at Autogeek - Decembe...

Hi Robert here from RC Car Care Australia. I am a proud IDA member and Certified Detailer hoping to complete my SV exams in the new year.

I am truly passionate about this fantastic industry and believe it is growing at a rapid rate. With that I believe that having the support of an organisation such as the IDA will only help this industry flourish.

The IDA is about Implementing proper standards, code of conduct and standardised procedures through networking, training and certification programs. This is nothing but positive for the industry.

For me it was a no brainer to become apart of the positive movement that the IDA stands for and believe if you are a professional, you should support an organisation that supports the industry.

Being able to contact seasoned professionals for advise and/or having access to a wealth of information new and old is priceless. Remember a lot of these professionals are behind the scenes I.e. Working with manufacturing companies, OEM, chemical manufacturers or tool manufacturers so that is gaining access to up to the minute information. Knowledge is key and remember technology advancements in the detailing industry are occurring fast and the learning never stops.

Even the master detailer will learn something new.

Monthly webinars are a great learning tool.

These are just a couple of examples why I believe being an IDA member is important.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123