autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: IDA - CD and SV Certification Testing Classes at Autogeek - December 2017

Congrats gang!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: IDA - CD and SV Certification Testing Classes at Autogeek - December 2017

Good stuff! Congratulations and it's really interesting to me that this "certification" idea has finally come to realization after many years of being bandied about on the forums.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post

Had an amazing experience. Thanks Mike!!!

Thanks for flying down from New Hampshire to attend the class. It was a pleasure to meet you and work with you.

Hope to see you at a future Competition Ready Detailing Class, you'll have a blast and learn a TON of information and techniques in three fast-paced days.

Plus you'll get to work on really cool cars and use ALL the cool tools and products in the industry.

Mike Phillips

Class info for 2017

2017 Schedule

February 17th, 18th, 19th - IDA SV Testing will be on Monday, February 20th

May 5th, 6th and 7th - IDA SV Testing will be on Monday, May 8th

September 29th, 30th, October 1st - IDA SV Testing will be on Monday, October 2nd

Price for 3-day class: $1,795.00

Boat Detailing Class
    For those interested in taking our boat detailing class, which we only teach one time a year,

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 4th, 2017

Price for 1-day class: $450.00

How to sign up for a class

To sign-up over the phone, call Andre to reserve your seat before the class you want to attend sells out.

1-800-869-3011 x244

You can also sign-up online

Click here to sign-up for the February Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class

The Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class takes place on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

OPTIONAL

If you want to become an IDA Skills Validated Detailer, we give the Skills Validation practical test on Monday following the three day class. You have to have already,

More information about the Skills Validation Testing here,

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

Note: Our classes always sell out so once you clear your schedule, get signed up before it's too late. At this time we hold these classes three times a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

It was a great experience, time well spent. I recommend to all detailers to join the IDA and get your Certification and SVT.
    Thank you for the opportunity.

John

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to all you guys !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. what has the IDA actually done for the detailing industry?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post

I don't get it. what has the IDA actually done for the detailing industry?

As a "word" guy... it's not what they've done.... it's what they are doing....

In the context of the detailing industry, which probably dates back to the time of the Model T, maybe a few year later as it took a few years to get enough cars out on the road (besides horses and horse drawn wagons), for people to get around to the point on not just keeping these early cars on the road but also taking care of them, i.e. detailing.

And then at some point someone decided to start a detailing business and offer to wash and wax these early cars for the more well-to-do members of society with expendable income.

So if you look at the industry in the context of where it started to where it's at today, the IDA is a NEW organization and it's not about what they've done it's about what they are doing.

One of the things I like best about the IDA personally is their code of ethics that members must conform to. I think section 4 sums up what the IDA is doing in general for ALL detailers whether they belong to the IDA or not.

IV. My Commitment to the Industry:

A. To contribute to the elevation of standards within the detailing industry;
    B. To actively support, contribute to, participate with, and uphold the standards of the International Detailing Association; and,
    C. To uphold the integrity of all members of the International Detailing Association

Here's the entire text of the code of ethics...

Code of Ethics

THIS DETAIL BUSINESS ADHERES TO THE IDA CODE OF ETHICS:

I. My Commitment to Professionalism:

A. To strive to operate with the highest standards while providing quality detail services through the use of professional car care products, equipment, and techniques;
    B. To endeavor to maintain a professional, trustworthy, and well-trained personnel; and,
    C. To continuously pursue service improvement by seeking out continuing training and education.

II. My Commitment to the Customer:

A. To recommend to the customer only those services needed to properly recondition the vehicle to the customer’s specification;
    B. To treat all customers fairly throughout the service event;
    C. To exercise all reasonable care for the customer’s vehicle and personal property while in my custody; and,
    D. To endeavor to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.

III. My Commitment to Compliance:

A. To adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations governing the operation of a professional detailing business;
    B. To obtain and maintain all licenses and permits required by law;
    C. To meet and exceed all applicable regulations that ensure the safety of personnel; and,
    D. To obtain all necessary and appropriate insurance coverage.

IV. My Commitment to the Industry:

A. To contribute to the elevation of standards within the detailing industry;
    B. To actively support, contribute to, participate with, and uphold the standards of the International Detailing Association; and,
    C. To uphold the integrity of all members of the International Detailing Association.

V. My Commitment to the Environment:

A. To continually strive to reduce waste as well as the consumption of natural resources;
    B. To minimize the use of hazardous and dangerous chemicals whenever possible; and,
    C. To adhere to the tenets of the Clean Water Act by preventing non-compliant discharge of wastewater and contaminants.

I think it's easy to agree not all people that call themselves detailers embody the above code of ethics.

9. Likes Dano shine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will continue to support the IDA.

When you see the IDA certification you know that the person has demonstrated they have the knowledge and the skills they claim to have as verified by an organization with established professional standards.

It also implies that the person and their business is not just a car wash service. This organization was long overdue in my opinion.

I hope to meet a lot of IDA members at Detail Fest 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations guys. I think that the IDA is a great idea, something that our industry needs.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast