autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Video: How to remove water spots off glass

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer0220 View Post
    Oh wow the quality looked better the an iPhone and I assumed it was shot on something bigger then just a phone, it's be interesting to see if you could hook up a mic through Bluetooth and get it to work while filming

Sent from space through a satellite

I'm going to check with Yancy, he's our Tech Guru...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The scratches are limited to only the Test Spot correct? Not the entire windshield?

To everyone reading this into the future here's a tip... when machine polishing glass, never do your testing on the glass directly in front of the field of view of the driver.

Always test on a side window or the passenger side of the windshield. Then if by chance something does go wrong, you won't create a safety issue for the driver.

I have an open bottle of Ceriglass in my product inventory that's mostly full. I would be happy to have this sent to you in Hawaii with any future order you place.

Correct. The scratches are limited to the first area I was working on, not the entire windshield. I've since ordered and received the CarPro glass pads from AutoGeek in my last order placed 11/13, but Ceriglass was not in stock at the time I placed my last order. Some Ceriglass to use with my new CarPro pads would be awesome so I can try to correct the scratches in the windshield. I apologize if I misinterpreted the product use instructions on the combined products and appreciate you taking your time to reply to my concerns and challenges. I ended up just throwing away the Lake Country glass pads I ordered from AutoGeek and hope the CarPro pad and Ceriglass combo does the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

One more minor detail please, Mike. I noticed that on the video that the pad didn't reach into one of the corners. Did you use the same products by hand to get these details?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, looks like I'm guilty of posting first and thinking later.
    I moved to Youtube to watch your video on full screen. While there, I watched the headlight restoration video (which is where I noticed the missed corner).

Since the question applies to both situations (though, probably the hazed plastic more so). Could you comment on how (or if) you deal with this situation. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply tape around the light and on trim, then just use your polisher over the tape to get it the corners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there are many spot remover know days introduced all these are chemical but always used the high quality of glass remover because if you used a low quality so it is not so effected and also it disturb the paint.Its also depend on mechanic techniques to remove the spots.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

very intrigued by your video I will try it out. thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123