autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Took mike philips advise!!!

after putting on a nice coat of wax . i used to remove it by rubbing a microfiber towel over the area like crazy fast... and today i finally took my time and slowly rubed the area very easy with light pressure. and the results are a lot better.. and now im leaving a better wax layer on the paint. by rubbing it hard and fast . your removing most of the lsp.. not good .. just wanted to thank you mike for your great tips!!!!!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Took mike philips advise!!!

slow and steady wins the race, in this case slow and steady wins best in show haha.

I have always used the minimum pressure needed and slow passes in wiping off wax.

But, umm...where the pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, everyone likes better results! So did you "break the wax open" and then "take small bites" out of the wax, like Mike has shown in a video or two?

Post Thanks / Like

just a couple swipes with an applicator pad perpanel.. and i didnt post pics because in my gallery ive posted pics of truck waxed a few times.. so really no sense posting more there all going to look the same really ..sorry.. plus im to lazy to post pics latley
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Whoah, you must be rubbing very hard previously to taking on this advice! I hope you don't clean your skin with that kind of pressure

By the way, I am not an advocate of high-end waxes. But I do use expensive waxes and I find that most of the really expensive waxes require less effort to remove.

Cheap waxes are often very hard to remove, rendering them relatively useless after being wiped hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_invisible View Post
    Whoah, you must be rubbing very hard previously to taking on this advice! I hope you don't clean your skin with that kind of pressure
    not REALLy hard jusy fast and maybe a little tomuch presure. but have to remember microfibers remove everything. so a light wipe is only needed . then i go back a few minute later and hit the panel again very easy....