autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Can I call my business 'Show Car Garage'?

Hello,

I'm a to be professional detailer. Actually I have almost everything needed to correct / polish / detail interior and exterior on every car. I work with my wife, she's a careful (and talented) wheels, exterior trim and interior detailer. While I'm doing exterior, she does interior. When we both finish, we dress exterior together. It's a Win / Win association.

A few days ago I was talking to my brother (a business man / auditor from a worldwide famous company) about my garage. He asked for my car, and I've promptly said: It's on my 'Show Car Garage'. He was Wowed, just liked that name VERY much.

That name is a gorgeous denomination even being my country language portuguese. We've adopted some english words like 'Delivery', 'Drive Thru', etc.

Can I call my business 'Show Car Garage'?, or it's somewhat AG proprietary name? Can I be in any manner an AG associate in Brazil?

After all, I'm already referring my garage (properly adapted for detailing) as 'Show Car Garage'. Can I use this name?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I call my business 'Show Car Garage'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Hello,

I'm a to be professional detailer. Actually I have almost everything needed to correct / polish / detail interior and exterior on every car. I work with my wife, she's a careful (and talented) wheels, exterior trim and interior detailer. While I'm doing exterior, she does interior. When we both finish, we dress exterior together. It's a Win / Win association.

A few days ago I was talking to my brother (a business man / auditor from a worldwide famous company) about my garage. He asked for my car, and I've promptly said: It's on my 'Show Car Garage'. He was Wowed, just liked that name VERY much.

That name is a gorgeous denomination even being my country language portuguese. We've adopted some english words like 'Delivery', 'Drive Thru', etc.

Can I call my business 'Show Car Garage'?, or it's somewhat AG proprietary name? Can I be in any manner an AG associate in Brazil?

After all, I'm already referring my garage (properly adapted for detailing) as 'Show Car Garage'. Can I use this name?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.
    IMO it would be kinda cheesy, lame & bogus to get your company name off of something Mike created

FWIW Richard Lin owns Show Car Detailing

ShowCarDetailing.com Home of the Best Detail Shop in Orange County

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would try to come up with my own unique name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well unless there is a world wide trademark on the name, you can use it in Brazil - check first.

Honestly as far as using it, it's up to you. I'm guessing people in Brazil won't know the association with it, but you will. So it's your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't do it, what if they google it, come here and think thats your work little misrepresenting
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Great point made!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    i wouldn't do it, what if they google it, come here and think thats your work little misrepresenting

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you very much for answer.

That's exactly why I've posted this question here: to hear from you.

I agree with all points of view, and absolutely will find another name to my business. Just asked because 'internally' the name looked fine, but analyzing the way you're saying, it's no good for me.

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

I would not worry about the name in Brasil.

There are so many detailers with the same or similar names such as "Premium Auto Detailing". Many tailor it by adding your own name to create a unique brand.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. The name sounded good because few brazilians do know english very well, but every (and any) brazilian can fully recognize the words Show (in Brazil we say Show), Car (Carro), and Garage (Garagem). On the other hand, I doubt any of these people know what the word 'Detailing' means.

Using the word 'Detailing' I would be easily mismatched with a 'hair stylist' or an architect for home decoration.

Bellow the 'Show Car Garage' I want to add something like: 'Restore Original Auto Shine', in portuguese, of course. I plan doing it based on Mike Phillips topic regarding how to name your business. Restore Original Auto Shine is how my client would benefit from my service.

No doubt it's a home run hit name (even in Brazil), but I don't want to get the merit over anyone... Really sorry about that.

Thanks for posting,

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

I would say if you word it in your language then they would "google it" in that language and not come here by mistake...right?

If that's the case I would use it Show Carro Garagem. Sounds different enough to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast