autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm half way through opti coating my non metallic black tundra. The flashing is very obvious. Would you like me to send in a video?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIDEO: Opti Coat Application

On my daily drivers I use opti coat on everything ,including the door jambs.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it hard to see the flashing on a silver color car like the one in this video?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBuesching View Post
    Can Opti Coat be used for Chrome wheels?
    Yes, just be sure to clean them well to promote bonding.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    Is it hard to see the flashing on a silver color car like the one in this video?
    There are many colors and situations where it is hard to see the product's placement and the flashing. The best method is to have good, movable light and possibly a headlight as well...and to keep moving and looking from various angles as you go. I must look insane to onlookers when I'm checking a panel, but that's why I have very few areas that need going over later.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Carbon fiber hoods/spoilers etc?

And (re: Opti-coat pro) by Hardness (9H), can you explain that a little better? I've read about pencil hardness tests but what does that mean in real life? =) And in your experience, whats the best way to sell it without over selling it?

I bought Opti-coat pro and Just applied it to my wifes car today. She parked under a tree with sap so I had to strip it down with APC, Clay, two IPA wipes @ 20%, then apply OC Pro. I must say, her car looks shinier than Ive ever seen it.. even after a polish (which was 2 mos ago). I'm looking forward to testing it out on some bird poop in about 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

ttt for Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    How about Carbon fiber hoods/spoilers etc?

And (re: Opti-coat pro) by Hardness (9H), can you explain that a little better? I've read about pencil hardness tests but what does that mean in real life? =) And in your experience, whats the best way to sell it without over selling it?

I bought Opti-coat pro and Just applied it to my wifes car today. She parked under a tree with sap so I had to strip it down with APC, Clay, two IPA wipes @ 20%, then apply OC Pro. I must say, her car looks shinier than Ive ever seen it.. even after a polish (which was 2 mos ago). I'm looking forward to testing it out on some bird poop in about 2 weeks.
    Opti Coat will work on any hard surface that is prepped properly.

Pencil hardness is a means of testing the scratch resistance of surface coatings with increasingly harder pencils...9H usually being the hardest. Sometimes pencil hardness is confused with MOHs scale OS mineral hardness. This is a legitimate test for a coating application.

The Mohs scale of mineral hardness is based on the ability of one natural sample of matter to scratch another mineral. On the Mohs scale, diamond is 10, silicon carbide (Opti Coat) is 9-9.5, while glass/fused quartz/quartz is 6-7. This hardness while interesting, only shows the scratch resistance potential of the standalone mineral in relation to other minerals and does not translate to coatings because of the variables in applied thickness and the substrate to which it is applied.

Selling it requires a few questions to find out what your potential customers needs are. Some will like the available lifetime warranty, some will like the reduced effort to maintain, some will like the real and constant protection vs fading protection of normal LSPs, some will like the idea of not having to polish into the actual clear to repair damage down the road. The best introduction would be the brochure we've put together that answers: What is Opti Coat? What are the benefits of Opti Coat? Why choose Opti Coat? and How it works? You can pm me if you're interested in Opti-Coat Pro and our support materials.

Post Thanks / Like

May look into it down the road for my wifes black camaro. She has horrible wash methods and she has confiscated a bottle of my QD and 1 microfiber so she can clean it up on the fly. She is a walking swirlomatic! I really must teach her better but what can I say? Shes a "know it all".

Post Thanks / Like
    Subbed!
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport & 2007 TrailBlazer SS (Both black!)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the video!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast