autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System

Quote Originally Posted by weavers View Post

I wonder how well the MF pad works with other polishes, say ultimate compound or m205. I am really interesting in maybe buying this system. It cost a bit more than I would like to pay, and it sounds to good to be true. professional results guaranteed every time. I also wish they would of color coded the pads a bit more, dye the mf or have a different color silk/velcro, also a self centering system like the hyrdro pads would of been nice.

Also does the finish wax do any correction? From the videos it sounds like a very mild finish polish, cleaner and wax. An All in one, is that right?
    I believe the foam padding on the cutting microfiber pad is maroon, while the foam on the finishing microfiber pad is black, which follows the general color scheme of the Meguiar's pads. (Also the cutting compound is red which corresponds to the cutting pad color)

The finishing wax has mild abrasives in it which will help remove any marring left behind from the cutting pad and it can also be used as stand alone.

I'm not sure if you watched the whole video or not, but you really should. It is very informative and they actually discussed all of what you asked in the video.

Post Thanks / Like

Since there is a new BOGO today I believe.... AG should make the new MF system the BOGO!!!!!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by aerogt01 View Post
    While he did not go into specifics, Meguiars said I would be "pleasantly surprised" by the correction of this system on my PC 7424 (non-XP).

I took this to mean is is a lot easier to correct using less power. The threads posted confirm this.
    Like I've been saying...

Thin is in...

Thin pads, smaller diameter pads rotate and oscillate better and this means you can get more correction ability out the first generation DA Polishers as listed here...

How to maximize the ability of the 1st Generation Porter Cable Dual Action Polishers

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew C. View Post
    Awesome System!

Mike, that was an interesting last 15 seconds haha
    Yeah that was pretty funny...

Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post
    Very nice review Mike!
    Well it was more of a informational how-to video but it was a lot of fun working with my former co-workers Mike Pennington and Jason Rose. Both guys were a great to work with while I was at Meguiar's and they're Professionals in every sense of the word, I expect we'll have opportunities to work together again in the future.

I do think this has a lot of potential for color sanding work with a DA. Would that be correct?
    You can use a DA Polisher to remove sanding marks, so yes you can use this system to to remove sanding marks after either hand sanding or machine sanding but it's always going to be faster and more efficient to use a rotary buffer with an aggressive wool cutting pad to first remove them then use this system or your favorite polishing system for the follow-up buffing.

There's a thread on MOL where we coached a Dad that painted a Mustang for his son while his son was in Iraq serving in the military. He used a Porter Cable to remove all the sanding marks using aggressive foam pads and M105 over the entire Mustang and this just goes to show that a PC can be used to replace a rotary buffer for sanding and buffing but a direct drive rotary buffer is always going to provide more grunt power for cutting out sanding marks fast.

A PC-approach can be safer for those that don't own a rotary buffer but it will typically take a little longer for the first step, the cutting step. This is a good solution for an enthusiast detailer but Pro's on the clock will likely tend to stick with rotary buffers for all their full wetsand, cut and buff work.

Keep in mind the target market this system is going after and that's primarily production style detailing at auctions, new and used car dealerships, detail shops and mobile Detailers.

Many that hang out on forums like AutogeekOnline are striving for perfectionist, show car detailing of which the new Microfiber DA System can be part of their arsenal. Like all detailing products and brands, everyone can and will find a system that works best for them.

It will be interesting to see what people will be using and talking about one year from now, after a huge portion of the online detailing world has had a chance to use this system over time.

Can the aggressiveness of this product be toned down by a lower number of passes or less pressure and still finish nice because it's SMAT? All the other factors seem to very fixed with the compound (pad mat'l, speed/opm, etc.)
    Yes. Good question.

Mike Phillips

Behind the scenes shots...

It's a genuine blessing to love your job and have fun doing it... check these pictures out...

From left to right...
    Mike Pennington, Max McKee, Jason Rose, Mike Phillips and Yancy Martinez

Meguiar's Microfiber DA System

Here's Yancy, our "Creative Director", setting up the camera for the next scene...

Jason Sierra, our General Manager, getting a mic ready...

Yancy moving at the speed of light... that's the norm for him whether he's behind the camera or the computer.

Our studio is air conditioned and for video work we crank it down to 72 degrees. We shoot everything in high definition and the cameras pick up everything!

Mike Pennington always makes work a fun!

Mike Pennington demonstrating the Microfiber DA System with the Flex 3401 Forced Rotation Dual Action Polisher

Jason Rose demonstrating how to clean the Microfiber DA Pads in the Meguiar's Pad Washer

Mike Pennington giving me a "Car Crazy" tattoo

Jason Rose, Mike Phillips and Mike Pennington

Here at Autogeek our facilities are large enough that moving from one area to another is often done via these 3-wheel scooters by evrider.com

So what do car crazy car guys do after a video shoot?

RACE!

Having way too much fun!

Max has a Segway and usually wins all the races...

Again, thank you Meguiar's for letting Autogeek be a part of your new product launch with a how-to video made here at our facilities...

Post Thanks / Like

RACE!

Having way too much fun!

Guys from Meguiars are really awesome people to work with, thank you all for bringing the new system to our Show Car Garage.

Post Thanks / Like

I am assuming that these are the important guests that were spoken of a while ago that you were not able to reveal at that time?
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

The next picture that I want to see...are the pictures of the products for this new system available for sale on the AG web site....
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    I am assuming that these are the important guests that were spoken of a while ago that you were not able to reveal at that time?
    Correct, it was a top secret visit!

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The next picture that I want to see...are the pictures of the products for this new system available for sale on the AG web site....
    They are up for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the kits will up for sale soon as well.

I see another vendor has them up for pre-sale, but I will wait to purchase from AG!
    Buddy

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Correct, it was a top secret visit!

They are up for sale!
    since its a pre sale what is the estimated ship date?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast