autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Review of the NEW Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating (Hybrid Solutions) !!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Pan. I love your YouTube videos and all..... But isn't linking a full blown video review of a product not sold at Autogeek a direct violation of forum rules?
    We will have this Hybrid line, look for it to go on sale in about a week! And yes I met Pan at the event, very cool cat and we welcome his video for Hybrid on AGO.
    Hybrid Solutions

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Don M, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Review of the NEW Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating (Hybrid Solutions) !!

That's nice of you to say Meghan! It was nice meeting you as well. And it was nice to see that my girlfriend also enjoyed her chat with you very much. Made her feel welcomed to the detailing community even more. I thought she would be bored with my detailing stuff, and she absolutely loved her time at the event and meeting all sorts of cool people as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    We will have this Hybrid line, look for it to go on sale in about a week! And yes I met Pan at the event, very cool cat and we welcome his video for Hybrid on AGO.
    Hybrid Solutions

Post Thanks / Like

Might have found my new winter protection!!! SnS is good for Summer, but my ride after this last snow really looked like hell and so much stuck to the finish. It was easy to wash off but I think the ceramic is the key to a good winter protection. Salt, Oil, Road Grime, Dirt, Tar, and Tranny Fluid (No offense Katelyn).
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Hybrid Solutions

When will you have the Hybrid line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    When will you have the Hybrid line?
    It’s been here for a week or so.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Oops. Thought I posted the link....

Hybrid Solutions
    Jim

8. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Just for fun ... I copied this text from Turtle Wax on Facebook:
    We’re not going to lie, if you want a chemical resistant product, ICE Seal N Shine is your go to, but if you want the complete package – from ease of use, to durability to a high-gloss shine, Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is our pick!

My read on this is that SnS is a more durable product than the new ceramic coating. If you want ease of application in varied conditions, go with the coating. But if you want durability, go with SnS...

I’m I correct in my interpretation? Seems odd, as this doesn’t match up with what we know about “sealants” vs “ceramic coatings”.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    We’re not going to lie, if you want a chemical resistant product, ICE Seal N Shine is your go to, but if you want the complete package – from ease of use, to durability to a high-gloss shine, Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is our pick!

My read on this is that SnS is a more durable product than the new ceramic coating. If you want ease of application in varied conditions, go with the coating. But if you want durability, go with SnS...

I’m I correct in my interpretation? Seems odd, as this doesn’t match up with what we know about “sealants” vs “ceramic coatings”.
    Seal N Shine can show stronger short term chemical resistance, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to long term durability. The new Ceramic Spray Coating is easier to work with compared to Seal N Shine, not quite as heavy but still a heavy sealant that needs to be wiped down appropriately. If we were running tests, chemical resistance durability would be a separate category from long term daily driver durability. Same with coatings, you can have some coatings that will not survive the same chemical dump test that Seal N Shine can easily survive in the short term, that will last longer in a daily driver long term test. Need to take the new spray coating through a long term test to get a better picture of expected durability.

11. Thanks AZpolisher15 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, KBsToy, Klasse Act, AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which would be glossier on light colored vehicles? SnS or the Coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    Which would be glossier on light colored vehicles? SnS or the Coating?
    Want glossy paint? Get a black car. All kidding aside, its tough to get light colors to shine.

If you put tape down the middle of your hood and apply SnS on one side and TWCSC on the other you won't be able to tell the difference.

14. Likes PaulMys, AZpolisher15, RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast